New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very lucky, humbled, and thankful to know Skip Elliot and The Briary. Lately, Skip has been taking some time off to make more pipes, and he has been asking me to make bands for these pipes. I finished a hammered band for a Canadian, which I turned around quickly before I even thought about taking a picture. This is the latest. It's a calabash styled pipe, with a tan brindled stem. I got bored with the idea of making another simple band. So, I got creative with the design. I was just playing with shapes and fusing them to get this whimsical band to juxtapose with the idea of this elegant classical shape. The colors he has stained it and the brindled stem with the whimsical shapes in Sterling silver, makes for a unique look. IMO.
Of course, I haven't showed Skip yet, ha ha. But, he did tell me to get creative. Collaborations are great for sparking new creativity. I'm hoping this might give Skip some new ideas, and maybe a few more for me as well. He still has to put the final polish on the briar and stem, then it should really pop out that grain.

5FB58A90-812A-4F66-B75C-BCF50CA4C2B3_zpsednixfcd.jpg

B3AC272B-6F76-4A77-BC7A-D19247A60BD1_zpsprvcm3hw.jpg

0EC1E937-3CD0-451D-B7E3-567A0CCFA4B8_zpscf6ptgfp.jpg

What do you think?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

That's a great looking band Cosmic. I like it a lot, nice job! :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Very,Very nice Mike, you ought to Specialize in Pipe Bands as E F Blanchard did in makeing Spurs, you have a unique talent and you could be the Man people go to to make a Custom Band. I treasure the Navy one you made for My S Bang Giant, . Not Highjacking just wanted Folks to see your work.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those bands, the new one and brad's Navy one, really expand the already impressive pipes they adorn. You really can see these are works of art in themselves, not thrown on to double the price. Both distinguished and exquisitely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.