PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Here's a new one. Can't smoke it, but for Peterson fan or collector, I could see this being attractive.
$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETERSONS-SYSTEMS-PIPE-RARE-CUT-AWAY-DISPLAY-MODEL-RARE-/310958869713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486697ccd1

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice pic. Always interesting to see the cut away.
I got my first Peterson system pipe for my birthday back in February, a rusticated 314 System Standard. Loved it so much when a smooth and a red spray finish 314 showed up on SP.com estates last week I nabbed them too. It's no wonder they've been around for 124. Easily the coolest driest smoke I've ever had. Can't wait to add an ebony and a sandblasted and complete the collection!

I just wish they would get more innovative with that bell-shaped metal stem cap. It just has such a blunted, out-dated look IMO. The technology to press mold that shape is so turn-of-the-century. They could do something to break up that shape, like squaring it off or maybe even making it more conical, or textured, or anything really. And, now-a-days it would be just as cheap to manufacture.

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
Re-design the metal cap? Next you'll be wanting the Mona Lisa to get a nose job. It's a CLASSIC.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
Pardon my ignorance, but I am a newb and have no idea what I'm looking at. What is the extra chamber for? Couldn't tobacco/residue get stuck down in there? How do you clean that?

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
I always thought these were a good tool to show new smokers exactly what the "system" does.
Pardon my ignorance, but I am a newb and have no idea what I'm looking at. What is the extra chamber for? Couldn't tobacco/residue get stuck down in there? How do you clean that?
The "Peterson System Pipe" creates turbulence in the smokestream so that moisture is pulled from the smoke and condensation accumulates in that pit or trap you see. This is supposed to create a dry, bite-free smoke for the user. The Peterson System certainly has its fans and its detractors. I think it all depends on how you smoke and what you smoke as to whether or not you really like it. As for cleaning, you do need to be more thorough. Q-tips and doubled over pipe cleaners help soak up the moisture, and you'll need to clean out the sump/trap with alcohol and q-tips on a regular basis or it can get funky.

Status
Not open for further replies.