PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I suspect that those that have come to know me think I only have meerschaum pipes.... I thought I'd

post some of my other pipes.....
(Some Pete's)

IMG_18202-1.jpg

(Misc... Nording, Cavicchi, GBD)

IMG_18252-1.jpg

(Dunhill)

IMG_1822-1.jpg

IMG_18232-1.jpg

(Rhodesian, Bulldogs)

IMG_18152-1.jpg

(Calabash)

IMG_1827-1.jpg

(And of course.... Cobs!)

IMG_1829-1.jpg

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Nice collection! How do you like the Calabash on the right in the picture? And what is the make? Thanks for sharing. :puffpipe:

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
Awesome collection. That sure is alot of cobs, there isnt that many at my local store! How are the forever stems?? I have been thinking about tryin one or two on my cobs...

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
First you're the Meer King, and NOW you want to be the cob king?
Well TOO BAD! We allready have one and he's also a PRESIDENT. Greedy son of a...
With all the time you've got to snap fancy photos you better get to work on those brown stems Mister!
P.S. I really like that 18 pipe rack/humidor you got there. Thanks for the photos. Go big or go home. :wink:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Ha! I love a room full of smart-asses LOL. (Lawrence, Fisher) Spartan, you're a Pill!
The calabash on the right is a Strumbach, made in Austria. It's got an African gourd body, but a press meerschaum

bowl. It smokes wonderfully, but will never color like a block as on on the left. That one's a Baki.
I couldn't do without my Forever Stems for Cobs. I break in a new cob every week or so, and grab a handful when

I head to the lake or deer woods. If I mess up the pipe, get blood on it or something, I put the stem in my pocket

and toss the pipe.
Spartan, your right, I do need to get my Brass & Stem cleaner out. I've been confined since surgery the other day, and

this 'stint' they left in my kidney feels like a coke bottle in there. Those stems will give me something to do. It's

lighting out right now anyway, so the golf course would be a bad choice today.

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
I have seen your impressive meerschaum collection but briars are very nice as well! I specially like Rhodesian and Bulldogs

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Great collection TopD! I'm with shantiques, that bulldog with the white stem is gorgeous! :clap:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Thanks Guys.... I had just gotten the Chacom from Iwan Ries & Co. a few weeks ago. Was going to give

you a link, but looked and I guess I got the only one they had. It's a Chacom Model U1, made in France.
Edit: Found one: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Chacom/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=94607

Status
Not open for further replies.