PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
My Peck of Pokers I got during April...

A pair of Larrysson Tree Branch Pokers. 1 with a conservative slant, 1 with a more free hand..

Nice ring grain, great stem work...

More nice ring grain and more nice stem work!

A pair of Anthony Machelli Pokers...

This one has a very interesting finish. It is very very lightly sandblasted. The texture "feels" soft. Between the color and texture it looks and feels exactly like leather!

A Rick Black Poker...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some of those pokers have other shapes hybridized, like freehands and Dublins, but great lookers all around.

I have only two, a La Rocca that has somewhat folk rustication, and Parker that is a poker/cherrywood. I like

that basic cylinder for a bowl, but I like so many different shapes, I have to look hard to find the ones I don't like.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thanks guys. Yeah I like that second Larrysson also. I think it will look much better after a few bowls are smoked in it. That light color bowl kinda looks odd to me right now, but I think when it's black it will look much better, er more natural. It fits the hand like a glove tho!

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Michael, yeah they kinda grew on me too. I only planed to get a couple, but I accidentally won all the auctions... that PAD can be a real b!tch sometimes!

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Thanks for showing pokers.

I'd received ready to made block and stem for poker today.

I will look around lots of poker include yours.

Hope I make good one.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
antbauers, I have smoked them all now and a few several times. The only one that has any issues is the Rick Black. I have smoked 5 bowls thru it and it's still steamy and green, but I'm sure that will go away in time. All the others smoke like a champ. They all seem to love Mississippi River too!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Nice pokers. I have a Rick Black poker as well, smokes like a chimney, i love it. His pipes are far from perfect aesthetically speaking as he is still learning, but for the price i don't really care. They can't all be Castello's and Dunhills! Mine smokes as well as the majority of my other pipes and i can honestly say that i have had ZERO issues with his pipe performance wise. It is a great yard pipe or pipe to take out with you camping or to the bar (assuming a bar that actually allows smoking), basically somewhere where it could get some dings, nicks and scratches or be in your pocket for a while. I will definitely be purchasing more of his pipes in the future and always keep a watch on his listings on Ebay and they seem to slowly be getting better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.