PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Regular listeners of the Pipes Magazine Radio Show may have heard two humorous spots I produced that ran in the last two weeks -- one advertising "Vampire Virginia" and one "interview" with the creator of "Persian Passion" pipe tobacco.
I thought it would be fun to do more of a parody ad that pokes (gentle!) fun at some of the real ads that run on the show. If you'd like to hear it, I've posted it here: https://soundcloud.com/robert-bittner/pipes-magazine-radio-show. I've sent it to Kevin, for his amusement, but I don't think it has any chance of actually getting onto the show. Because a) I'm poking fun at some of the real ads and b) it doesn't have a big punchline to really "sell" it. (Hmm. I'm probably not talking it up enough there. . . !)
Thanks for listening!
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Just to clarify:
Of course, anyone can listen to this, whether they've heard the Radio Show ads I'm parodying or not! But if it has any chance of generating laughs (or a smile) at all, it'll be best appreciated by folks who have heard the original ads. . . and maybe also the two spots I've already had on the show. (I'm not posting those first two pieces, though, since I no longer own them. But they ran on episodes 73 and 74, which are archived here, if you want/need to catch up.)
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Hey, I got a laugh! Or at least a laughing emoji! (I'll take whatever I can get.)
The embarrassingly stupid thing is: I can listen to these things over and over again, and crack myself up. So if nothing else, I at least amuse myself. :)
I think my favorite part of this piece is the guy who smokes Moldy Dulce con Leche tobacco and has to deal with the female attention he gets.
Bob

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'll have to give it a listen when I get home. Fun stuff posted during work hours will have to wait.
I'm posting here as a placeholder to remind myself that I must come back.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... dress them up in little outfits and when they're all in a row ... :rofl:
I don't always smoke a pipe but when I do ... it's gotta be Moldy con Leche!
Good stuff Bob!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That was pretty funny Bob. My 10 yr old son came up and asked what I was listening to and before I could answer he just started laughing. Good stuff

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Yay! Thanks for the kind words, everyone. And, hey: It's not easy making a 10-year-old laugh! ;)
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.