Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
...just popped up on ebay.
A pretty good deal I reckon.
Lightweight and neat bowl shape.
It took massive restraint on my part not to buy it,

but I have other irons in the fire.
Just thought I'd post it here in case someone may be interested!
I don't think it will last too long...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/smoking-pipe-trever-talbert-ligne-bretagne-INCREDIBLE-BLAST-/252274899913?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
:puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That's a little pricey for an estate LB, but definitely a beauty. A very interesting tenon design.
I love my LB. Lightweight, stem detail is excellent. This one was a gift and is one of my pipe shop/club/travel pipes. I get a lot of compliments on the pipe. This one had a blasted top, that was getting dark, so I decided to sand it smooth and polish, making it easier to keep clean.

May 31, 2012
Perhaps it is a bit on the high side,

it is a grade 3 though.
Love your LB,

and I like the smooth rim.
I've grown to prefer smooth beveled rims on blasts because they're easier to keep clean,

especially the lighter colored pipes.
Your bulldog looks awesome!

:puffy:

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I am a very big fan of these LB's.
I felt very lucky when I was able to snag his last pipe of 2015... a nice little green Dublin with a horn stem.
I felt even luckier when I was able to get his first pipe of 2016... a nicely sized oom paul. This is a normal sized pipe, which is quite weird for LB... as they are typically pretty small.
LB's are among my favorite pipes. I regret not grabbing one of his Bulldogs on the latest run.
here's a link to the oom Paul I bought: http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1601lb.shtml
and the xmas little dublin: http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/15150lb.shtml

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
As for if it's a good deal... that's a matter of perspective... Trevor will sell new grade threes for $29 more than the BIN I believe... $159 I believe? You just have to be quick and not hesitate... someone will grab it quickly if you don't.
I also think we'll see paneled pipes again from him soon.
I have seen "estate" LB's go on eBay in the $60-$90 range that are grade 2+3.
I actually sold one a year ago. (I highly regret it). It was a beautiful grade 2 prince shape - lightly smoked - with quite a long stem. I got just under $60.
In any case, all LB's are unique in their own way and there are plenty of new $130 pipes out there that I doubt will smoke as nice as a TT LB.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Correction, it's $175 for a grade 3 now.
Stay posted, a new round should be out in the next week I imagine.
He's been experimenting with this new oil treatment sort of like Ashton's oil coating... and it's giving his pipes really unusual textures.
I expect this year's offerings o be more inspired... he's got new equipment in the shop... new ideas etc...
I honestly can't wait to see what he throws out next. I have $200 set aside for another LB in the next couple of months.
If he throws out a prince or bent billiard or a long stemmed pot/billiard, I am all over it.

May 31, 2012
Stay posted, a new round should be out in the next week I imagine.
He's been experimenting with this new oil treatment sort of like Ashton's oil coating... and it's giving his pipes really unusual textures.
I expect this year's offerings o be more inspired... he's got new equipment in the shop... new ideas etc...
I honestly can't wait to see what he throws out next. I have $200 set aside for another LB in the next couple of months.
If he throws out a prince or bent billiard or a long stemmed pot/billiard, I am all over it.
Thanks for the info!
btw

your LB's are exquisite!
Both have stellar blasts,

but I absolutely adore the green goblin!

Status
Not open for further replies.