PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Not too many over the counter tobaccos appeal to me, almost none. I've tried the large one pound bags of different brands, can't stand them. BUT, Sir Walter Raleigh's company sent me a couple coupons for their aromatic blend. Stuffed a bowl and put a flame to it. That is a good smoke!! A type of tobacco I can puff on all day and not hot or uncomfortable.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Jiminks and I like that one as well. Go ahead and drop the money on a tub, it won't go to waste. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yup, I discovered that one a while back, with the encouragement of jiminks and several others here. For those not familiar with it, SWR Aro has burley as a base, like the Regular, but adds some Virginia and is flavored with three liqueurs. It's comparable to better tobacco-forward aromatics from premium blenders in terms of subtlety. If you can smoke aromatics at all, you may well like this one. After finishing a pouch, as a sample, I bought a tub.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some good blends come in a pouch ... Erin Go Braugh, John Bull, Five Brothers (for nic punch by itself or added to blends), and quite a few others.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It's far better from the tub.
Actually, I prefer it from the pipe... :nana:
(unless you mean smoking it while in the hot tub....hmmmm... :puffy: }
jay-roger.jpg

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
I mixed a little of equal grams of SWRA and regular SWR with a pinch of Latakia. I really have a taste for the Latakia and this was a very nice mixture. Can't describe the flavor, but good.

Status
Not open for further replies.