PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Well, I had to be dragged kicking and screaming back to the office today after taking the last 2 weeks off. Hundreds of emails, paperwork stacked high, my boss is antsy over sales projections for the coming year. All in all I would have rather stayed in bed.
And then this arrived and made my day! Only problem being I left all my pipes at home so I'll have to wait to try them out. First tin opened is Man's Best Friend and I'm liking the tin note so far. I'll let you know how it smokes when I take the pooch for a walk later tonight (before the -40C hits this evening).

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Great haul!
I can speak from experience on Mans Best Friend, and No. 5. I cellar both and are great smokes. No5 packs a punch. P&C does a buy 2 get one free on Sutliff every year. It is August I believe (don’t have my calendar with me) Great time to stock up on all their blends.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
My first day back as well after two weeks. Unfortunatley no good tobacco waiting for me, however there was a bottle of Bruichladdich Rocks Single Malt on my desk waiting for me. A late Christmas gift from a co-worker :)

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Hey Dervis, by packs a punch do you mean that No 5 is strong in the Nic department? If so that's valuable info as I'm a bit of a nic wimp. I wish I could take advantage of the sales, but being in Canada they no longer ship. Oh well, still extremely cost effective as I can buy 5 tins for the same price as one here. I'm looking forward to trying them and if I like both I'll be ordering a few 8oz tins for the cellar.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Single Malt ain't my thing (a disgrace to Scots eveywhere), but that is a fine gift to come to the office to. Enjoy your bottle Mike.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I only smoke a small handful of aromatics, but Man's Best Friend (and Sutliff's Great Outdoors) are definitely on that list. Enjoy!
Bob

Dec 24, 2012
Nice haul brother. Hope you are over the illness.
Bruichladdich is my go to single malt - pretty much anything they make.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks Peck, the illness is still lingering around. Got better around New Year's Eve for a couple of days and then back down again over the last 3 days. At least I'm functional but definitely not back to normal. Between you and Pat someone is going to have to beat me into submission on the Scotch thing.......I feel less of a man.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Between you and Pat someone is going to have to beat me into submission on the Scotch thing.......
Only on the Scotch thing? Just remember, that you asked for it.
-- Pat

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I got a good plan that will convert you Brian, Start with Rye and Bourbon then in time you will be reaching for scotch like a Gee. I had to condition myself to be able to drink it and now there's no turning back i love it for taste and smoothness only thing i drink is scotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.