PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
It is 14 degrees here in southern Ohio this morning and I dried my Milan's Balkan Blend all the way to crunchy. I loaded up a big bowl and enjoyed it for over an hour. I do enjoy this stuff in a Country Gentleman on a hot sultry summer afternoon, but this kind of crispy, spicy, sweet, smoky goodness is only possible at this time of year. I'm not saying that I did not freeze my cahonies off, but it was worth it.

buckeyepaddler

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Ohio
Currently a balmy 5 degrees in NW Ohio, and I'm enjoying a bowl of Seattle Pipe Club's Pike Place in a cob. I have to admit, though, I have a portable heater keeping me toasty in the garage.;)

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
You guys are making me feel like it's summertime here in western Ky with our swampy 18 degree weather today. Started my day with a nice big bowl of Old Joe Krantz.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Comparatively, it's beach weather here in N.C. Still, 13 degrees (predicted tonight) is serious cold in these parts. The coldest I've ever seen here was minus nine, back in the 80s, but that was rare and killed my fig trees back to the roots. They came back!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Twenty-one in Central Kentucky right now; supposed to have a low of eight tonight. From tomorrow afternoon through Monday evening we are expecting three to six inches of snow....yay

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
13 degrees in Northern Central Indiana. Great time for Ultimate English in a Blasted Custombilt Straight Bulldog with a cup of hot coffee on the front porch. Steady stream of white powder falling, 3 inches on the ground and 3 to come. Cheers!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Be safe mayfair, was born in Fort Wayne, and remember what a Hoosier Winter is like!

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I'm gonna pull a D move, and point out that it's been in the high 60's/low 70's recently here in the SF Bay Area the past week. It never gets too cold here, but this kind of weather is unusually good for February.
I really enjoy Balkans when the weather is cooler myself. A couple of weeks ago, I was having perfect bowl after perfect bowl of Bengal Slices, Abingdon and Balkan Supreme with the sound of the rain outside my window.

Status
Not open for further replies.