PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Hi all, just thought I'd drop a line about my new purchase. Firstly well done on a good and informative forum! The pages have helped me a lot and in the past 4 or 5 days were used as a reference as I trawled through German online pipe stores and 'Tabakwarenhandlung'. I was limiting myself to a budget of approx 100 euro and wanted to set myself up with a decent pipe and paraphernalia as well as a few different tobacco's. I will just say here that Vauen pipes may be good and they may be well made, I only have anecdotal evidence to go by, BUT I ended up being annoyed at their market dominance of online stores it felt that they were being pushed on me so I went Italian instead.
I bought a Passatore grey and along with the required cleaning gear I bought Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal Blend, Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture and Peterson Old Dublin. I bought the tobacco in 50 gram lots as to get an idea of whats what. I normally smoke cigars and only on weekends but as said in my introduction post I'm looking to swap them with pipe smoking.
I'll post a pic of the pipe when it arrives as the pipe I bought is now not in the shop and the pic has been removed.
Anyway cheers all. Here's to a a new path strewn with single malt and pipe smoke. :puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Here's to a a new path strewn with single malt and pipe smoke.
Yes, please!
Toss in a delicious morning coffee, and I'm in.
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your new purchase.
-- Pat

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Welcome to the Forum, auslander, and glad that it helped you get into the hobby. You will find a lot of great information here, as well as a group of great pipe-smoking men and women willing to share their experience and wisdom.
I'm not familiar with the Passatore brand, but I think you did very well with your initial tobacco purchases. You will enjoy them all. Let us know how it goes, and remember -- we're always more than ready to feed your PAD (Pipe Acquisition Disorder) and TAD (same for tobacco), not to mention AAD (accessories). :puffy:

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Thanks guys,
I will let you know how I go with the new aquisition in the next few days.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Welcome to the forum! Im sure you will enjoy it and I look forward to some pictures of your purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.