PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
So, I went on a business trip to the bay area and scouted the local B&M's. Needless to say, I came back with more stuff than I had planned for :rofl:
Here's the results of the latest newbie TAD:
img_1198-600x448.jpg

C&D Autumn Evening and Repose

Peterson Irish Flake, Connoisseur Choice and Holiday Season 2011

Escudo Navy Deluxe
Oh yeah, and I got this little Fe.Ro prince to go with it.
But wait, there's more ! I had my eye on a BC on eBay and decide to set a bid of $35 on it. I like my other one so much, that I am considering added a second one to the rotation. Well, I guess that just happened since I won the bid at $32. :clap:
kgrhqzp8e63zwi-isbo6ioyccmg60_12.jpg

And looking under the tree, there's a very familiar shaped box with my name on it... someone help me ! The entire collection is now in my album.
Merry Christmas to all !

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Looks great! I really like that leather looking pipe stand in the first pic.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
It's more like a Vinyl kinda thing. $9.00 at the local B&M ;-) It's what I take outside to set the pipe on when I go smoke.
I saw one at Cup O' Joes here, but I'm sure you can find them somewhere.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Mluyckx, at which B&M did you find the Peterson Holiday Season 2011? I live in the Bay Area and would love to pick one of those up.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
haha i have a newbie case of TAD and PAD!

Although i think that you bought more than me!

I love that fe.ro pipe though! what B&M did you go to?

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
mluyckx

Nice haul!

Where in the Bay Area did you find the shop? I'll be in San Francisco next April and would like to check out the local B&Ms.

I was there last October and didn't find any in the Union Square area.

Thanks

Jul 15, 2011
I just nabbed me some of that Irish Flake online. Looking to pop it open soon, sounds like good stuff. Great score and congratulations!

Jul 15, 2011
It's got a great taste, but is one strong sonuvagun.
I have yet to get a nictoine high/buzz from a pipe tobacco blend, and I ordered my Irish Flake cause I was up for a challenge. :mrgreen:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Pipe Novelist

I'm a forthemostpart ex-cigarette smoker, you?

IF is better than many blends with respect to releasing it's nicotine but I too have as yet to get a buzz from any of the perceived strong tobaccos.
Satisfaction yes, buzz, nahhh.

Jul 15, 2011
TAD= Tobacco Acquisition Disorder
PAD= Pipe Acquisition Disorder
Its when you buy way more tobaccos and pipes than any one sane man should have. Needless to say, pretty much everyone on this forum suffers from it.
I'm a forthemostpart ex-cigarette smoker, you?
Tried a pack of cigs when I turned 18. Made it halfway through and threw them in the trash. Never touched them again.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Tobacco Acquisition Disorder and Pipe Acquisition Disorder. I just pulled the trigger on a Peterson Plato, I have it bad myself. Nice choices myluyks, but no Peterson pipe for all that Peterson tobacco? Sacrilege!!

Have a Merry Christmas my friend.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Sorry for the delay in responding, got caught in the family stuff. Thanks for the friendly comments, and it looks like i owe you guys several answers:
@jameral: Found the holiday season at mission pipe on Alameda in San Jose. They had one left (which i should have bought as well to cellar, but I didn't want to be greedy)

@BBauer: The fero pipe came from Edwards on El Camino Real in Los Altos

@carlomax: I'm usually in Cupertino / San Jose. I can't speak for San Fransisco itself, but perhaps some others can.

@rigmedic1: I have two petersons, and the budget was all gone. My wife would have killed me if I would have spent an additional $40 on a Peterson. But a 408 is next on my list. I think I'm adding a rusticated and the Rosslare looks really nice with that lucite stem. But I may have to stick with the Donegal for the budget I have. I'm never good at saving money :rofl:
On the Irish flake, it's because of the vitamin N that I want to try it. As a cigarette guy, I need my nicotine fix in the morning. Hoping this one will get me over that first craving :puffpipe:

I'll let you know if I get a buzz

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
So, I popped that tin of Irish Flake this morning. First true flake, so I had to go watch some videos first ;-)
It felt a little too moist right out of the tin, so since I have experienced I'm better with drier tobacco's I let it sit for about two hours. Rubbed it out like Bob shows in his excellent videos, packed the pipe, lit it. Big expansion on the tobacco ! Tamp, relight, puff....... :puffpipe:
Yes! I have found my new morning tobacco ! Nice kick, good tobacco flavor, excellent with a cup of joe. I'm stocking up on this to cellar. For any cigarette smoker, trying to switch and looking for a vitamin N kick, this baby fits the bill !

Status
Not open for further replies.