PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
After being a fair bit grossed out by C&D Billy Budd, I was wary of trying straight Burley.
Thankfully, though, I'm not reliving last night's experience. The straight Cube-Cut started out with a hint of spice that quickly left the mouth to leave me with a cool, smooth, bite-free smoke. Still a bit spicy on the snork. I'm not one for finding the hidden flavors in a tobacco, still building experience with my palate, but I've gotten a few whispers from the Burley. Had a quick whisper of mint, then licorice, both under a prevailing taste that reminds me vaguely of earth and plant.
Looking forward to further Burley smokes.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not one for finding the hidden flavors in a tobacco, still building experience with my palate,
Keep trying out new blends. You say that now, but sooner or later, as it was with me, you'll try a blend and all those hidden flavors will surprise the heck out of you.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I smoke more of this than anything else. I love burley and this is one of the best around for plain, nutty tasting burley. According to the manufacturer (I asked), it's completely unsweetened and unflavored. No VAs hiding in there, either -- it's just pure, burley goodness.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I smoke more of this than anything else.
Yep. It's right up there in my rotation. I use it to add strength and flavor to just about anything. Great to add to some black cav when you want a blend that still has some balls, but will not offend the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.