A Newbie Reviews: C&D Cube Cut Burley

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by hmhaines
  • Latest reply from skrapsoftobacco
  1. hmhaines

hmhaines

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After being a fair bit grossed out by C&D Billy Budd, I was wary of trying straight Burley.

Thankfully, though, I'm not reliving last night's experience. The straight Cube-Cut started out with a hint of spice that quickly left the mouth to leave me with a cool, smooth, bite-free smoke. Still a bit spicy on the snork. I'm not one for finding the hidden flavors in a tobacco, still building experience with my palate, but I've gotten a few whispers from the Burley. Had a quick whisper of mint, then licorice, both under a prevailing taste that reminds me vaguely of earth and plant.

Looking forward to further Burley smokes.

"Following the path of least resistance is what makes the river crooked."
    U. Utah Phillips
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not one for finding the hidden flavors in a tobacco, still building experience with my palate,
    Keep trying out new blends. You say that now, but sooner or later, as it was with me, you'll try a blend and all those hidden flavors will surprise the heck out of you.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. pitchfork

pitchfork

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke more of this than anything else. I love burley and this is one of the best around for plain, nutty tasting burley. According to the manufacturer (I asked), it's completely unsweetened and unflavored. No VAs hiding in there, either -- it's just pure, burley goodness.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. skraps

skrapsoftobacco

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke more of this than anything else.

Yep. It's right up there in my rotation. I use it to add strength and flavor to just about anything. Great to add to some black cav when you want a blend that still has some balls, but will not offend the company.

"People are not made better by a briar. An idiot before smoking a pipe is still an idiot after smoking a pipe, they're just more likely to speak less drivel with something in their mouth. For that, all society should be grateful."

- Bob Runowski
    Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   kimbiker, taildraggin