PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Purportedly modeled after a recipe made by or for Bing Crosby. The addition of Deertongue, which is not a tobacco, is an interesting prospect
First and foremost I taste the Burley. Must be the exact same Burley I recently reviewed. But as the bowl burns down and I become slightly more acquainted with the tobacco, I find that heavy nuttiness of the Burley is punctuated by a slighly sweet, summery type of flavor. The best I can describe it: the refreshing taste of a tall, green stalk of grass. This flavor grows and evolves a bit as I smoke more, becoming somewhat herbal in nature.
For the first time since picking up a pipe, I'm very strongly reminded of my cigars.
There is a surprising complexity in a blend with only two advertised ingredients
An odd thing for me: seems to have a strong nic-hit.
An intriguing blend! Need to get a Churchwarden to see how Bing would have smoked this.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I smoked this for quite some time, but it grew tiring on the taste buds. Deertongue is certainly an acquired taste.
As far as the nic hit goes... that's the C&D Cubed Burley. It's got its fair share and is one of the best cubed Burleys out there in my opinion.

dave75

Lurker
Sep 20, 2016
I have 2 ounces coming tomorrow.It's good to throw your taste buds a curve ball once in a while.

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
I couldn't say, never tried the blends with tonquin. I want to know if there's actual deertongue leaf, or some sort of essential oil added as flavoring.
Definitely a good change-of-pace tobacco.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
It's actual leaf. Those green specks you see are deertongue. Unless something changed.

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Dear tongue tastes like a diet herbal vanilla with a touch of bergamot flavour to me.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
I have never tried Deer tongue. Ill try everything at least once, at least in a cob. Will it ghost a pipe off the first smoke?

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Will it ghost a pipe off the first smoke?
Will be easier to get out after only one smoke, but I think there is enough in Crooner to ghost it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.