A New Rad Davis Estate Pipe

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cigrmaster
  • Latest reply from georged
  1. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was fortunate to win this auction for a very good price making this Rad my 22nd in the collection. This pipe is my first Rad Cherrywood and I am looking forward to smoking it. It fits every one of my criteria for a flake pipe. It measures the following:
    Length 5 1/2"
    Bowl height 2"
    Bowl depth 1 3/4"
    Inside bowl width 13/16"
    Weight 46.6 grams

This is a solid group 5 with a weight perfect for clenching. The nice thick walls should provide a nice cool smoke.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very nice Harris, good looker and we all know how good it will smoke.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. thomasw

thomasw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice pipe, cgrmaster! You mention that clench-ability is important for you, but is the sit-ability of a pipe's shape important for you, Harris?

After some time he felt for his pipe. It was not broken, and that was something. Then he felt for his pouch, and there was some tobacco in it, and that was something more. Then he felt for matches and he could not find any at all, and that shattered his hopes completely.

The Hobbit
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Bradley, I am sure it will smoke great.

thomas, thanks. In terms of sitablility I have never bought a pipe based on that feature. My ashtray holds 2 pipes so being a sitter gives me no advantage. Now if I didn't use a pipe ashtray, that feature may have more importance.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Nice, you have an impressive Rad Davis collection. They definitely don't turn up that often, people are hanging onto them!

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. georged

georged

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I recognize that pipe, Harris.

In fact, I used to own it.

Rad gave to me because it accidentally got soaked in a tub of antifreeze for several weeks in his garage, then fell into his neighbor's septic tank. So, I used it as a cat toy for a couple years. Daisy seemed fascinated by the aroma. I finally got tired of having to fish it out of her litter box, though (she kept burying it), so cleaned it up and sent it on its eBay way.

I'm delighted that it found a new home.

Enjoy!

Dogs live such short lives... and spend most it waiting for us to come home
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What a treat, with this cold weather you can smoke it outside as it will never freeze:and they will never put down the tobbaco you smoke in it because it will always smell like SHIT!.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

George and Bradley, funny stuff guys. I did buy it from a guy I have done business with before he goes by Colwright. Hopefully he had an ozone machine.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I received the pipe yesterday and am smoking it as I type. It is in pristine condition and is smoking like all of my Rad's, very nicely. I am getting just a hint of Lakeland which is going to take a few bowls to get rid of but other than that, I am very happy with my latest Rad.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. azpipe

azpipe

Login to Send PM

Looks great. I bought my first Rad on Ebay awhile back. It shipped from NC on 1/2, then it ended up in Guam, somehow on over to HI, and now I'm still waiting here in AZ.....

I'm trying to be patient....

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. georged

georged

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am getting just a hint of Lakeland which is going to take a few bowls to get rid of...

Daisy cracked up when she read that part. (Have you ever seen a cat laugh convulsively?)

Um. riiiight. Lakeland. That's it...

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ashdigger, morgansteele, npod, jrii, shanez, donjgiles, haparnold, jiminks, glassjapan, snoopy311, cossackjack, verporchting, sasquatch, mikefu, georged, elpfeife, alexnc