PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So through a strange twist of fate, I got hooked up with a writing gig over at a website called Dapperism.com, and it turns out that the site is full of avid pipe smokers. Yesterday, this post appeared on the home page about a documentary in the works called "Father the Flame", which is a documentary about pipe smoking, pipe makers, and the art of relaxation that comes with smoking a pipe. Thought you guys might find this cool. Check it out!
Father the Flame Documentary

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
I have been waiting a very long time for something like this! I'm very excited, the trailer looks great!

Jul 15, 2011
I think that getting information about pipe smoking out to the public and having them see that we are not a bunch of nicotine addicted fiends and that we are gentlemen and ladies of leisure will help to crush a lot of stereotypes. I am excited as well!

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Not to highjack this thread but do you know who sings the song in the trailer? With the female vocals?

Jul 15, 2011
Not sure who sings the song, Ill have to check it out. I have yet to get on the IMDB website and see if I can find anything out about the movie. I think Ill do that real quick.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
maybe in my next reincarnation, I can be a pipe maker, gotta be better than this crap I'm wasting my life away at.
We need more pipe video's for sure.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Nice. Looks like it will be good. Format reminds me a lot of the ski videos that small artists are making right now, e.g.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1zc2Mwz_bg

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
A very interesting trailer. I'm also excited to browse that website as well. If the website is promoting a documentary like that, it definitely is worth a look in my book.

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
Wow!, looks like a amazing flick, Really interesting to see some of the history and unique pipes from around the world and the Chicago Pipe Show. I will be keeping my eye on that.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I agree, this looks great!
From what I gather it will only happen if they can raise enough money to make it. Sort of like kick-starter. http://www.indiegogo.com/fathertheflame

Maybe all of us pipers and pipesmagazine.com or sponsors could help get it going?

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Awesome! I am actually from Michigan and lived 5 mins from Negaunee where that pipe maker is. This is the first time I have heard of him.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Even if you can't drop money on it, at least share the link everywhere you can. Supporting independent film is cool anyway, and this one is about pipe smokers! It's a chance to give a new audience respect for our hobby (lifestlye, religion, affliction, whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.