PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I share this story not to illicit a response but add that if you like the story please do leave a comment so it will stay on the board for others to read. Its main point though is entertainment.
It first started with my first order of tobacco that I didn't like. Being to cheep to throw it away I started down the road of blending . Now I blend most everything. Especially since I smoke mostly aromatics and as aro smokers know we need to get rid of goop, tongue bite, and for me have to add nicotine. Through this process I would often find myself mixing either more then I needed of something really good, or mixing up something REAAALY Nasty as apart of trial and error. This is where my new accidental blend comes in.
The blends true credit however boils back to the fact, LET ME REPEAT, that I am A "CHEEP-(Pick a Word)" and as a result could not let myself just throw away the leftovers. I instead got a spare jar, labeled it "leftovers", and would proceed to dump whatever fit the title in to it. I have now on two occasions packed a bowl from this jar both with similar results including the bowl today that inspired me to share my story. One would think, at least I thought, this would be the biggest hodgepodge of crap I ever let into my mouth. What I actually found however was a pretty cool, and also a scary surprise.
The bowl started off absolutely wonderfully. For the first 10 minutes a lovely chocolate blend with a hint of marshmallow that is more than likely from my Central Park Stoll Recipe. This started my smoke off with great excitement and even more so when a little fruit started to tease my pallet and blend with the prior flavor for an additional 5 minutes as it was mixing in form I don't know where.
As I continued my smoke while scraping ice off my truck this rather unpleasant taste started to come in. I knew INSTANTLY it was from my experimentations mixing english blends with aros and this new flavor grew to a taste of such awfulness that for the next five or more minutes all I could say was "DAMM THATS NASTY". It was at this point I almost gave in and palmed the tobacco to the ground. I though felt brave I guess or (TO CHEEP) and continued the smoke.
Thankfully to my surprise a new flavor began to emerge and settled to a 10 minute bowl ending and very pleasing rendition to one of my chocolate and nut blends. All in all it made me smile and think of the first Harry Potter movie when on the train Harry ate the candy that changed flavors as he ate. As thankful for the bowl as I was for both the good and bad I am even more thankful that one of my flavors was not that in the movie of puke. Although I would have probably smoked that too.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I am cheap myself, we would really get along.

The closest I get to throwing a blend away is gifting it to my BIL. :)
I have a pouch that I carry at times, and it contains whatever I dump in there. When it gets about half, I fill it back up with whatever I am enjoying at the time. I get a lot of samples in baggies and when these get low, or I tire of them, the remains go into the "black box" pouch. I have yet to be disappointed, fully.
With your jar, you could just keep shacking it up, new flavor every stop.
Thanks for the post.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Thanks all to the reply, enjoyed seeing your faces and comments.
Seagull if you see this tell us how your fish tasted. I bet he would be yummy in butter. Its lent you know. Always looking for a new fish recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.