Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've been looking for one for a very long time. I've contacted all the usual suspects more than a few times. I can't understand why this seems to be so rare, but I can't even find a picture of one. If anyone should ever know of one, PLEASE let me know!!!! :(

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
They don't make many squat bulldogs. Especially in recent times it seems. Don't even see one in their current catalog. I'd suggest to expand your search but then again group 5s are also very rare. You may be chasing a white whale. I also don't think you will find a group 5 squat as the squatness implies a short bowl therefore a smaller bowl size. The closest thing I found was sold on SP a 5117 shape: 5117 bulldog
Perhaps you could try ordering a custom pipe from Dunhill?

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Just looking at the dunhillpipes.com website and they are directly affiliated with cupojoes.com. That 5117 looks pretty nice, bet you could order one in either or both finishes.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Just to complete this thread, in the end, I found what I was looking for and then some. I likely wouldn't have found it without a fellow forum members assistance. A Dunhill group 5 straight squat bulldog in Amber Roof finish and to cap it off, it's a DR!!! My white whale, in fact, exists :)

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Good luck trying to get what you want.seems like they and not really making group 5 bulldogs or rhodesions in a smooth finish anymore. I have been looking for a 5108 in either Amber root, bruyere, or chestnut with no luck. I have even contacted music city marketing who is the dunhill importer for north america. They have tried to contact dunhill with no avail on getting the pipe I want.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Tarheel, I found what I was looking for. That's a LG group 5, almost a 6. I to searched everywhere in the country. I found it on that Italian dealers site. Apparently it's a more popular European shape. I'll help you find a 5108 ;) since I found mine already....

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Here Tarheel!!! Oh my bad.... It's root briar :(
http://shop.fincatolacasadelhabano.com/products/root-briar-5108

Status
Not open for further replies.