PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Another pipe I wish could talk is this old Meerschaum Cutty with yellow stem, it has an engraved band but nothing to identify the maker or year.
Keeping it smokey with more of the Mac Baren Club Blend Roll Cut still from the same tin.

banjo
35769421762_bef1defcec_z_d.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Boy, that one's jaunty. 'Not sure I could get away with it, the drama! It requires a marksman's eye to light it, I think.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I was thankful the sky was overcast so I could use the window of our Honda to help me light it! :mrgreen:

banjo

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I got a bunch of these and they are great pipes. Some people complain that the airways are too constricted although I have never noticed as thats all I ever smoke. Thats a very nice pipe and more than likely French late 19th century as 'pitchfork' suggests. It looks like it has been pre-colored on the bottom half of the bowl which was fairly common. With hindsight I wished I quizzed the old pipe maker in Paris whose shop I visited in the early 1980s as he would probably have known how the whole process functioned. I seem to remember bidding on a similar pipe on a certain auction site and now I know who got their mitts on it so I am delighted to see it has gone to a good home.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I seem to remember bidding on a similar pipe on a certain auction site and now I know who got their mitts on it so I am delighted to see it has gone to a good home.
Translation: I am going to hunt you down and beat your ass for that pipe, Kind sir... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.