PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well, it's no Batson but I was happy to pick up this Heeschen today for what certainly seemed to be a steal. I was trying to be good this week... I really was. :oops:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/denmark/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=157401

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well, it's no Batson

I hope that didn't come off as dismissive of Mr. Heeschen's work or snarky towards Batson. Just that this one is unstamped and a bit on the mellow side for Peter and Sam's Batson looks like such a great specimen. I am certainly happy to be getting a Heeschen and I've always wanted a Nautilus.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pretty spectacular. Don't reserve it for special occasions. Get that mighty Nautilus out and smoke it often.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Oh what a kick in the teeth. I received an email stating they had sold the pipe in store and should never have loaded it to the page. Of course a refund is coming but it is likely I will never be able to procure such a pipe with the same amount and I passed up another pipe having thought I purchased this one, loosing out doubly. Now I have to add Peter and the Nautilus shape back to my wish list. Between this and snow on the ground when I awoke, Monday and I are not on good terms. Time to kick a few rocks, rub some dirt in it and move on. Sorry for the grumbling, surely I'm not the only one with a tale about the pipe that got away. Hate to complain but I needed to vent and figured if any group could understand my frustration, it would be you folks.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
You have the permission of the entire pipe-smoking world to sulk a bit, then go and spend even more money on an even nicer pipe (money that you should be saving for something more serious, like retirement).

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Retirement? You mean you need something besides a cellar full of baccy and a rocking chair? :lol:

I would like to add that SP handled the matter in a professional and considerate way. Mistakes happen no matter how hard we try, so it's how we respond to them that shows one's character. My frustration is with the situation and not their response.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
That sucks, Dustin. I hope that you grab another pipe to redeem your PAD. Atleast they handled it professionally as you said. I hope the situation works in your favor and you get an even better deal.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I hope the situation works in your favor and you get an even better deal.

Thanks Ant but even if they wanted to, there is no way they could match the deal without loosing money and I don't expect them to do that. I can find better pipes no doubt, even many by Mr. Heeschen himself but the Nautilus was selling for $175. More or less, one of those once in a life time deals for his pipes. Especially one without any rim darkening or obvious flaws. If it were otherwise, I wouldn't be so glum but I will have to spend several times over that to get a comparable pipe. Upward and onward though.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Ah, to come so close to acquiring greatness
:lol:

The butthurt only lasted half a day, I've fully recovered and am back to dreaming of pipes I should not purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.