A Little Kendal Cream with my Coffee (Quick Review)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Had first (highly anticipated) taste of SG's Kendal Creme Flake this afternoon. I've wanted to try this tobacco ever since I first read the description of it online. Its time finally came, when my tin of Sutiff PS Bacchanalia ran out (must get more of that dessert).
Tin Note & Character of Flakes

Sweet smell of figs, rasins, and a hint of lavender on the back end. Smelled so good that I wanted to eat it. The flakes were unevenly sliced, suprisingly unevenly. They look hand-sliced, charming in this age of mechinization. As you would expect, they were also quick wet. I really should have given it some drying time, but I just couldn't wait. So, I grabed my Mr. Brog #14 churchwarden and stuffed in a folded flake.
Charring Light & First Third

All I could taste at first, both in the char and the upper third of the bowl was Virginia, and a whole lot of it. So much Va was to be had, I wondered it there was any burley. It was nice, but a bit of tongue bite was present. Surprisingly, even with how wet the flake was, it was easy to light.
Second & Thirds

Nailed my the nic hit here. I just had to stop and make some coffee. That turned out to be an excellent choice, as the two were fantatic together - real cream for my coffee it was. About half way through I started tasting the burley as well, giving it a great nuttiness and a nice chocolately aftertaste and aroma. But, I also faced mounting relights - the wetness of the flake starting to bite back - and these were hard to get the flake going again. Also, got a bit of gurgle.
The Smoke

Gorgeous, velvety, rich, smooth, simply fantastic. It was joy to blow out. It was everything I was promised. My favorite so far.
Afterthoughts

I would say that, so far, I am quite the fan. I very much look forward to trying this again when it has dried out a bit - and I have more coffee.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Oh, great, now I'm going to have to try this. :roll: Seriously, thanks for the very thorough and intriguing review.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I just received my 2 tins of Kendal Cream in the mail. There are a couple of tins ahead of it in the rotation, but I will get to it shortly.
Thanks for the review.

Jul 12, 2011
Oh yeah it is scented, Lakeland big time! I have a briar

or two dedicated to Lakeland blends , but a nice MM cob

will do just fine as well

Status
Not open for further replies.