Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

A Little Happiness From 2nd Hand Smoke....

(11 posts)
  • Started 6 months ago by zack24
  • Latest reply from The Pipe Monk
  1. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

Guys, it's been driving me crazy- I've had a serious issue with pneumonia and major lung surgery that's dragged on for months...and resulted in absolutely no smoking and no pipe making due to the dust. I'm in the recovery mode now, returned to training on my indoor bike trainer, and back to maybe 85% lung function, so I figure a few more months until I'm back to normal. My son-in-law who is an occasional pipe smoker was over on Christmas day....so I promptly loaded him up a nice Dunhill pipe with 1Q and sat downwind out on the lanai for a few minutes.

1Q is a tobacco that I would never normally smoke, but man- when you've been pipe starved for months, the room note is a fabulous thing....:)

Posted 6 months ago #
  2. economistandfisherman

economistandfisherman

Login to Send PM

1Q is in my rotation, actually. I love it and it's a lot cheaper than MM's Great Dane (which is similar, but with deeper flavors); so I know what you mean...it's why I smoke it. Good to hear you're recovering well from something so major...

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest”
    Adam Smith
    Posted 6 months ago #
  3. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad you are feeling better, Zach. I'm sure the tobacco smelled good to the hungry soul.

Neal
    Posted 6 months ago #
  4. voorhees

voorhees

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zack, I know its rough pal. But thankfully you are on the mend and will be all the better and can have that inaugural smoke soon enough.

Jason
    Posted 6 months ago #
  5. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zack, I hope you get back to 100% soon. That was some shit show you went through.

Harris
    Posted 6 months ago #
  6. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

It was way too much fun...Looks like another week on IV antibiotics and I'll declare myself cured....:)

Posted 6 months ago #
  7. bluegrassbrian

bluegrassbrian

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Have you put any thought in to what that first smoke is going to be when you saddle back up?

I remember years back when a friend had his wisdom teeth pulled. An avid cigarette smoker, he wanted to avoid the chance at dry socket so he had me and others blow smoke in his face repeatedly.

Tobacco's a help because it clears the mind
    But like all your friends it is vilified
    They always say, the right amount's fine
    Posted 6 months ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

piper64

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear things are going well Zack.

Faugh a Ballagh
    Posted 6 months ago #
  9. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

Have you put any thought in to what that first smoke is going to be when you saddle back up?

Has to be Esoterica Stonehaven....and a nice Porterhouse steak to keep it company...:)

Posted 6 months ago #
  10. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zack, good for you for taking care of yourself. You have to have air, so let the pipe smoke go for now. In the twenties, I think it was, the cigarette makers had one of the early jazzy ads to promote cigarette smoking among women, showing a woman hovering over a man smoking a cigarette, and the headline was, "Blow some smoke my way." Even more so with pipe smoke, people who have never, and will never, smoke a pipe comment on how good it smells. A good room note can be a good thing. Go slow with healing and get better right along.

Posted 6 months ago #
  11. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy that youre recovering Zack !! WAs worried when you posted hospital pics on facebook at the time you got admitted.

Cheers,
    Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 6 months ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   craig61a, odobenus, disinformatique, condorlover1, monkeylyf