PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A week ago, seeing the beating Peterson was taking here, I wrote Glen Whelan suggesting he might respond in favor of his marque. He might send a response to this forum very soon. I didn't expect a return message from Glen nor expected one, but that shows something about Peterson, don't you think?

BTY, I looked at comparable marques like Sav and Stanwell. In variety, they don't come anywhere near Peterson.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Yeah, just make sure you mention that every multi-thousand dollar pipe has pits and you’ll be good.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
From what I've read, it's almost impossible to find a piece of the special wood without pits. To me, it adds to the natural quality of the pipe. It's the quality of the pipe itself that counts. And after all this wood grows out of the earth -- what could be expected?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This one was just under a thousand, and minus the plateau, no pits. :mrgreen:
images

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Not to stir the pot too much but.... I have about 5 large pipes in the $600 - $1,000 range that have no pits (after looking with 30 x 36 magnifier) :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is Glen the head honcho at Peterson? Sorry to be uninformed, but not all of us are steeped in the Peterson leadership and staff. I don't see a letter here either, although I was fearing a too-long text!

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
mso489 - Glen is the customer services manager. I came across his name and his work email which I published in another thread. It does give us a connection to someone in the factory whose job is apparently looking after people like us!
Mike

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This one has a part two here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/addendum-to-glen-whelans-letter?replies=9#post-1154434
So I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.