PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
A lame reminder of a great night!

By hangover, I certainly don't mean the hardcore version of it -I don't indulge to this extend, it is enjoyment versus hyperbole- but I have the dizzy spells, and this kind of bradykinesia that makes gravity seem so fluid.

After waking up, what better to do than make yourself a mug of black coffee, and a bowl of your favorite blend!

A night with intimate company, with friends, ended with a score of a bottle and a half of wine per person!

I have done a little worse, but this is what it takes to make me numb (I'm sure most of you have a higher stamina, but, hey! I don't drink every day!).

Anyhow, I greet you all with my Honey and Orange blend, and a mug of Douwe Egberts!

Have a nice day!

Jul 15, 2011
Anyhow, I greet you all with my Honey and Orange blend,
Honey and orange sounds interesting, I am curious as to what blend you are smoking that is flavored with these components?

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
Honey and orange sounds interesting, I am curious as to what blend you are smoking that is flavored with these components?
According to tobaccoreviews.com æBorkum Riff Orange & Honey is composed of specially selected tobaccos that help to underscore the mild scent and aroma of orange and the pleasantly rounded and creamy honey notes. Borkum Riff Orange & Honey consists of bright Virginia, richly aromatic Kentucky and cool-smoking Burley tobacco. The perfect choice for the bon viveur who prefers a fruity tobacco with a soft body.
According to me, as a frequent smoker of this particular blend, I will say this: As with most aromatics, you don't really taste the flavor. However, it is sweet, honey-y and cheap. A good every-day aromatic choice!

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Ahhh, hangovers. I remember once throwing up my hangover morning black coffee in the shower. Sweet memories! :lol:

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Haha nothin better than having some great times with some great people (and the wine doesnt hurt either!) I try to limit my hangovers these days haha, even though I am still somewhat young, I cant throw it down like I used to. Enjoy that coffee and baccy!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The best thing about hangovers is trying to read the profound thoughts you wrote down the night before. When I think of the wasted brilliance because of not being able to decipher what I wrote I'd like to cry; for, surely, there were world changing ideas.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
DR6Na.jpg

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
The best thing about hangovers is trying to read the profound thoughts you wrote down the night before. When I think of the wasted brilliance because of not being able to decipher what I wrote I'd like to cry; for, surely, there were world changing ideas.

Tell me about it! As a matter of fact, I tried to write down something yesterday night, but was too heavy to write something coherent! Now I'm gonna read it (it was on pc, so it must be legible!)...

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
Haha nothin better than having some great times with some great people (and the wine doesnt hurt either!) I try to limit my hangovers these days haha, even though I am still somewhat young, I cant throw it down like I used to. Enjoy that coffee and baccy!
I'm young too, but still my alcohol tolerance has seen better days!!!

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
flyfishn

Welcome to my world.
I actually enjoy the spaced out feeling of a hangover in the morning. It has been a long long time since I've woken up with a headache or puked but instead I wake up in this haze. Fantastic feeling eh!
Good morning indeed !
In a very odd way, it is kind of fantastic! At least until the puking begins (never like that!)...

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
I tend not to get a hangover no matter what and how much I drink. I dont drink every day or that often for that matter. I have always had a high tolerence. Im a pretty big guy 6'4" and 280 lbs and im sure that helps but i think alot has to do with my thick Polish/czechoslovakian blood.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Bottle of rum last night with some beer, bad gas all day today. Bottle of wine tonight. Tomorrow night though, is the night. BBQ for my 26th, and that's when the drinking starts.

mb1mb

Might Stick Around
Oct 5, 2012
Tall glass of seltzer, club soda, or tonic water, and liberal dosage of angostura bitters (dependent upon severity of symptoms) and a piece of severely burned toast. Followed by Gatorade mixed w/water 50/50 all day always works for me.

Happy 26th.

As precaution: the night of (if you can remember) before bed, 8-16oz water, try not to drink the water too fast.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I find I cannot drink like I used to. After 40 the body changes (for some). After 50, even more changes. C'est la vie! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.