PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
Well, what can I say the last few days have been not so good health wise. So today my wife took me to on surprise to Greenville SC all the way from Helen GA. So I'm like where the hell are we going. So we ended up at this ghost town of a mall and Boda Cigar and Tobacco! We walked in and I was immediatly overwhelmed with all the AWESOMENESS, pipe and cigar smoking area, cases and cases of pipes, artisan pipes, indie's, Established brands, everything I could have wanted to look at under 1 roof. I am serious I was like I've gone to heaven! :lol: !!

So lets cut to the action, I've been wanting a churchwarden for a hot minute, but can't really find them on estate sales often. So guy behind the counter ask's me what I'm looking for... I told him I'd like to see, all churchwardens from Pete,Sav,Brebbia,Nording. So the pete was this weird small bowl shaped thing with a long straight stem, nope. The Brebbia Lectura which is the one I've been mostly pining for really didn't do it for me. He pulls out two Nording's, one egg shaped and smooth the free hand and somewhat resembling a rose petal, however I did not like the stems, they felt cheap but I loved the feel. So out came the Savinelli.... da da daaaaa. Beatiful rusticated bowl decent size beautiful draw (he let me test the draw) not to long and very easy on the eyes. So....

10464139_10152127906316712_6855589718431960619_n.jpg

And there it is! I love it smokes like a dream feels great and is easy on the eyes. I love it!

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Beautiful pipe! My most special pipes are the ones my wife has gifted me over the years. Plus you can never go wrong with a Savinelli!

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
I may have found something that rivals my love of my classic Peterson's....

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
Ohhh and I got to try Mac Barens Chocolate and Honey, smells good, tastes kinda meh, little bit harsh has to be sipped ever so gently, I got 2oz for free when I bought the pipe so its just more awesome to add to the stash!

carlweis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
Ohhhh and almost forgot I bought an actual can of Dunhill Nightcap, not the Altaldis stuff I've been scrounging. First thing I noticed is the smell is totally different, much more powerful. The Altaldis stuff is more sweet and light smelling. But when I smoked that nightcap whoooo weee I could taste the difference and noticed the nic level was alot higher. I love it!

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
You're a lucky man to have such a supportive wife. Great choice on the pipe.

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
Very good looking pipe. I don't have any Savinelli's in my collection yet. I need to start looking at them more.

Status
Not open for further replies.