PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I decided to look at ordering some new tobacco this morning (after having sampled two of the FM blends I decided to get a few more blends with latakia in them) so I went on pipe and cigars website and noticed that they have a sale on buy two sutliff 1.5 ounce tins get one free. Thinking this would be a great way to sample some different blends I placed my order (Man's Best Friend, CD and Balkan Luxury Blend 957) and it was in the mail buy lunch time. I was impressed with the quick turn around on the order.
Last week I had ordered from cup O' Joes and the order was place on Tuesday night and did not hit shipping until Friday afternoon (I am not trying to talk bad about CoJ's just using this a comparison. With these two experiences I believe I will take advantage of Pipeandcigars.com free shipping on orders of over $99 dollars in early July (got the wife's permission to start stock piling some tobacco).

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
I placed my first order with P&C Saturday and just checked my tracking and its supposed to arrive tomorrow. So far my experience has been nothing short of outstanding

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
They did not move, they were bought by Cigars International which is based in PA. The operation is now run under the same roof as CI, by CI. The only employee from P&C that is still with them is Russ Oulette. Everyone else is gone.
Rich

4noggins.com

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for the compliments. We've been working very hard to get things back on track, and are about 90% there. We're close, and soon our inventories will be at a point where out-of-stocks should be rare.

While we have been purchased by CI, and I am the only person who has permanently made the move, the offer was made to a number of staff members to continue on, if they were willing to relocate. Also, we are a separate entity, in terms of direction and management, from CI. Yes, staff has changed, but we are able to get even better pricing on many items due to increased buying power, and we now have the facilities to handle higher volumes of shipments even faster than before. So, for our customers, the benefits, in the long term, will far outweigh the issues we've had during the transition.
Russ

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
They did not move, they were bought by Cigars International which is based in PA. The operation is now run under the same roof as CI, by CI. The only employee from P&C that is still with them is Russ Oulette. Everyone else is gone.
Rich

4noggins.com
Sorry Rich, but with all due respect the first part of that is is incorrect. Pipesandcigars.com ran under the B&M roof of Habana Premium Cigars here in Albany, NY. Once CI purchased them all pipesandcigar.com inventory/operations were moved to PA, although I am not sure which CI location , if any, currently houses their operations.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We're in the same building that handles all the shipping for CI. It's an amazing facility, capable of handling huge volumes of orders. Our humidor alone is larger than any tobacco store I've ever seen, and it's at optimal temperature and humidity for cigars and bulk tobaccos. It's really impressive to see the sheer amount of merchandise that comes in and goes out daily.
Russ

juptierspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2013
Illinois
Just received my P&C order, A small TAD of EMP,Captain Black Dark and some H&H Landmark Manor Heights (which is amazing by the way) Super fast shipping,Will be getting all my business from now on.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
My last order from P&C arrived promptly. It seems that kinks in shipping orders have been ironed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.