PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
So,

I found this lady with an estate sale who had two humidors and three pipes for sale. So I went over there and had a look. She started at $100, but I walked out paying $60. For this:
Two racks with humidors. No names though. But I needed some more racks, so this'll do.

Humidors1.jpg

And three pipes:
A Dr. Grabow StarFire:
Grabow2.jpg

Starfire.jpg

A Yello Bole Premier, Honey Cured, I love this pipe. And from the research I found, it could apparently be quite old.
YelloBole1.jpg

StemP.jpg

yellobole1b.jpg

(Copied this from somewhere else, but the text is exactly the same)
The third one looks to be a Medico Birds Eye. Pics to follow.
And dumb ole me of course forgot to take before and after pictures, but I did snap a quick shot of the mess... trust me... they didn't come in this shape ;-)

Trash.jpg

All in all, a productive little Sunday afternoon

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Good score! Can't place the Medico "Birdseye" though. But my memory ain't so good either.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
I love finding an old pipe and breathing life back into it. There are so real gems out there. Good job

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
ejames: I'm not sure either. It has an "M" on the stem, just like a Medico Medalist. But the shank only says "Birdeye" over "Grain Briar" over "Imported Briar". All in capital letters. Along the mortise it says "Italy".
I'm still doing some research, but it may very well be a nameless Italian brand. I'll get some close-ups out of the markings if I have a chance later.

Status
Not open for further replies.