PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Like the title says, I'm looking at trying one. Prefferably not a 'Lakeland' as I don't like that flavor.
I see Peterson's 3P's gets good reviews I was thinking of that one but it seems like it wouldn't be a good one to start with.

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
PPP is not flavored. There is certainly no Lakeland essence there.
It's pretty strong in both flavor and nicotine.
For me, it doesn't change a lot through the bowl and tastes pretty much the same at the beginning as at the end of the smoke.
I like it, and recommend slicing and cube-cutting.
My favorite is JackKnife from GLP. It's not as tightly-packed as PPP, has a nice center layer of golden VA, and is also medium-to-fairly-high in nicotine, which I think is normal for plugs.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Thank you for this discussion I too am a new enthusiast who would like to try a plug.

Dec 24, 2012
Does it go good with coffee? I see it's coffee flavored lol
I think it goes wonderfully with coffee. I have read it has a hint of coffee flavour - though so far it is largely undetectable to my palate. Delcious stuff though, and to my system at least, lighter in Vitamin N than PPP or Jacknife

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For a starter plug I also would go for Gold Brick. The coffee is noticeable at times if you are really concentrating and looking for it, but otherwise it is just a nice tasty Virginia. 3P's is more like Old Dark Fired and Irish flake. It is fairly strong and as said above one dimensional fresh. I think with some age it will develop more complexity.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I think I might go with the Wessex Brick. But nothing too soon. I'm still trying out all the treats I've gotten recently :D

Status
Not open for further replies.