PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenjammin

Lurker
Jul 15, 2016
Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for a good quality, reasonably priced, small pipe. I got a MM hardwood mini and cob mini so that I could sample different blends to discover what I like and I really enjoy both of these pipes and the length of smoke that they give. Are there any small pipes that you all would recommend? Thanks!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The Dr. Grabow Grand Dukes tend to run pretty small; they are in the $30-$40 range. A more expensive ($100 range) option are the Rattrays lines like the Blower's Daughter. Also check out Genod; I don't own one, but they come well-recommended hereabouts.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
The Morgan is a great small cob, also the Eaton and Huck Finn are decent small cobs.
If you are handy and want to go the estate route Kaywoodie Campus series are excellent small pipes.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I put in a vote for pipes by Sebastien Beo. They are smaller French pipes. From $48 and upwards. I now own three of his pipes.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/sebastien_beo/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Iwan Ries has Ewa pipes that are standard Group 2 (small but not tiny). These are good quality French pipes, a number for under forty bucks. You can get a surprisingly long smoke with flake (or plug, rope, or coin) in one of these. I highly recommend them.

Dec 28, 2015
My small Luciano Apple is one of my favorite pipes. And at $100 it doesn't break the bank.
image39-600x508.jpg

beenjammin

Lurker
Jul 15, 2016
Thanks for all the recommendations! Just got a kaywoodie campus billiard on eBay for 20 shipped. A lot of those others look really nice too, so desire might strike sometime soon.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Winton as my interest peaked. I was only browsing this thread, and now by Thursday, I am definetly ordering a Sebastion beo billiard.
It seems to be the same shape as my Grabow Duke, that has a giant crack in the shank. This will be a perfect replacement!

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Another thread with my thoughts at the end:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/looking-for-a-small-lightweight-clencher-suggestions

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
A great small pipe that won't break the bank: the Yello Bole Pug.

+1 for the Pug, I enjoy mine a lot. I don't own any Ropp's or Beo's but have heard good things about them. I prefer smaller pipes as well and my smaller pipes include a Yello Pug, a couple of Chacom cuttys, a Grabow Commodore #10, couple of Falcons with dublin bowls, Peterson Calabash, and a few small meers. My favorite shapes are a small cutty or a group 1-2 1/4 bent billiard.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Not sure how small you are looking for but Mr Brogg has some reasonably priced, good smoking pipes in various sizes

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I second small clays for tasting. There are a few German producers who sell them in lots of 12, 24, etc. If you watch their sales, every once in awhile you can score them for a few dollars as they list them frequently. I once paid about 50 cents a pipe for a batch. I use them for tasters and give them to new pipe smokers for tasting. Good call purchasing the Kaywoodie, though. That should do what you need as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.