PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I cannot imagine enjoying cherry tobacco. Bleh, it's like saying lime tobacco or banana tobacco or kiwi tobacco.
But it absolutely goes to show: Chacun a son gout, as the French (who have 256 kinds of cheese) are wont to say.
("Each to his won taste.")

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
It's funny you post this because I just picked up captain black cherry and it wasn't very good at all. This is the first cherry tobacco I have tried so maybe cherry just isn't for me. I have tried a raspberry flavored tobacco that was really good but cherry was just too sweet for me. Just my thoughts!

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
I'm typically very fond of cherry flavorings as a whole (in beverages, candy, etc...). The one cherry tobacco that I ran into was purchased OTC at walgreens by my smokin' buddy, it came in a big clear bag and smelled so strongly that I couldn't bring myself to smoke it. The stuff was wet and oily and even looked somewhat sickly in terms of tobacco. Kinda steered me away from other cherries. Although I have heard nothing but good things about 7 seas. I may have to put it on my list for future TAD buys.

Jul 12, 2011
Boswell's makes a few cherry blends; all their blends are very very good
Top black cherry is also very good for "real" cherry flavor, but I like to mix

this one 50/50 with some mild burley, IMO a great mix

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Captain Black in the red pouch is a very good cherry blend..you will like it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Definitely second, or rather third, 7 Seas Red Blend. As mentioned before it's more of a wild cherry flavour, so it's a bit on the tart side and nowhere near the regular sweet marachino flavour most blends tend to use. Also I'd suggest trying Mac Baren's Cherry Ambrosia, but also I give a warning to rub out the "broken flake" before filling the bowl, as doing this will help to keep the flavour more consistant. Good luck in your search to find a cherry blend you enjoy.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Brigham sells a cherry tobacco under its tobacco name MR B'S WILD CHERRY its pretty good too

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I can recommend (and do recommend) Paladin Black Cherry.
I second this. When the mood strikes me for a cherry tobacco I want to taste cherry not just tobacco with a feint whisp of cherry in the background.
The only other cherry blend I've had that I like is a local blend from Tweksbury & Company called "Hobbit's Weed" that can also be ordered online.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
If you like the taste of burly Middleton's Cherry is a good OTC and easy to find. It's good burly with just a light cherry flavor. The burly comes through well and the cherry kind of stays in the back ground and is not overly sweet.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I know someone that takes Boswell's Berry Cobbler (orders it extra sweet) and mixes into it their Raspberry Cream. He says it's the ultimate berry blend. I'm going to try that soon.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I have both of those boswell tobaccos and I think i might try mixing what i have left which is about half an ounce each.I will also reccomend Hobbits Weed from Tewksbury&Company I am really enjoying it right now although I do not think it is labeled as a cherry tobacco it is definately in there and it is a great aromatic has a awesome room note.I am going to look for som 7 seas right now I have never tried that one.I will also add that I have liked every tobacco I have received so far from boswells they are awesome blenders I didn't realise I could order the tobacco extra sweet though I am trying it out on my next order from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.