PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
As many of us know, our friend Foggymountain has been told to drastically cut back on smoking due to a heart condition. The news was a genuine shock for me and I was filled with great sadness for Bruce.
But man that he is, he stated that it's something that he's prepared to deal with. He's been a dedicated pipe smoker for most of his life, and yet he's shown us all that he is made of stronger stuff than tobacco.
Unbeknownst to anyone else, he PM'd me asking if I'd accept a Dunhill Bing pipe from him. I couldn't believe what he was suggesting. To say I was floored is the understatement of the year.
Today I received a huge box, inside was not only the Dunhill Bing Foggy promised, but along with it was a huge assortment of tins and tobacco - even a giant bag of straight latakia for blending! All this just because I have, in earlier posts, expressed my appreciation for Dunhills (and I guess it's well known that I, rightly or wrongly, coveted the Bing Crosby model for some time!)
Bruce, I feared that you wouldn't want me to share this with the group, so I am hoping you will forgive that I didn't get your permission first, but I had to let our fellow pipesmokers know the type of man you are. Foggy - you are the best.
dunhill-bing.jpg

dunhill-bing-tobacco.jpg

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I am only a few months into this hobby and I am repeatedly shocked at the generosity of fellow pipe smokers. Even the companies involved (4 noggins, smoking pipes dot com, and sutliff have all sent me free samples) are top notch and consumer focused. Hard not to like a hobby when everyone involved is caring and friendly.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Lovely. The pipe. The gesture. The fellow. All lovely.
Wonderful to see that pipe go to a good home.

Aug 1, 2012
I'm glad we have guys like foggy on the board. If we all try to pass on what we have, not just material goods but kindness, understanding and caring, we can make this world a little brighter like he did for you.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Extremely generous, i'm loving this place. I've only been around a short time, but have enjoyed every minute and seen "0" drama, lots of great camaraderie. And now a play like this from foggy along with some tobacco giftings. You guys get it, and I'm very pleased to have found this community.

B

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It's gestures like these that make me realize why I love this hobby and this forum. Being associated with people like this gives me something to continually strive towards. Well done Foggy!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very generous, class act foggy. Congrats six...great looking Dunhill...enjoy every puff.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Foggy is an impressively generous man. I wish the best for you, Foggy.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
It is the amazing generosity and upstanding character of those that smoke pipes that make me happy to be part of this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.