PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Right, graphics have improved in an unbelievable way in last 2 decades. I have recently played Sleeping Dogs, the latest series of Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4, etc. Then I realized that it was just time wasting for me, so I uninstalled all of the games from my computer and promised not to play again. :)

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Many many years ago I was an Alpha tester for Blizzard. My kids loved it because they could play the big games about a year or more before they were released. I guess it rubbed off because now my oldest daughter now works for one of the big online shooter games. She travels the world setting up tournaments and watching over these kids/adults that make millions of dollars a year playing these games. It has definitely changed.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
jvnshr I have the same predicament. I don't play games for weeks, months sometimes, but every so often I find it very relaxing and satisfying to play an online strategy, or rpg. Almost every time I get away from a gaming session, I scold myself for wasting time. But, at the end of the day if it relaxes me and somewhat offers satisfaction, I guess it's not a waste of time after all. The young people now days raised this whole thing to the rank of sport, esport they call it. Whatever ... I have mixed feelings on this, but I guess the future belongs to the new generation which seems to be very into gaming. It's part of who they are, regardless of whether they play online on a pc, xbox/ps or phones/tablets.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
madox07, in my case I don't play to relax but to spend my spare time and as you have mentioned to get some satisfaction. I think there are better habits (for me of course) that I should be spending time for.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I don't play games that require hand / eye coordination. I prefer something that requires analysis of the situation and tactics. I admit that part of the attraction is the opportunity for victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.