PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
When I smoked some Nightcap.
On two seperate occasions with two different pipes that I've only smoked Dunhill mixtures from I've experienced some taste revalations. I've had the good fortune over the last 2 weeks to enjoy generous amounts of C&D's Star of the East and Drew Estates Meat Pie, two very good but also very different tobacco blends. It happened first after a couple days of smoking copious amounts of SOTE, I filled an evening pipe with NC and began to pick up notes that were reminiscint of the former, mostly the smokey meat and high nic content. Then after doing the same after a good dose of Meat Pie I detected a more spicy bouquet in my Nightcap. Now believe me, I'm not at all complaining, in fact it has me wondering what is it about these two other blends that is causing me to taste an amplified flavor explosion in a blend that I thought I knew and loved? Meat Pie is a truly unique English mixture IMHO as it delivers at times a very peppery note during different periods throughout the bowl, especially toward the end. As I'm writing this I can pick this up in the NC I'm currently burning. Weird huh?
Peck, you see what I did there with the title?

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
I've heard some people keep separate pipes for Latakia blends as they may "ghost."
Question for you. you state:

Star of the East and Drew Estates Meat Pie, two very good but also very different tobacco blends
I've just finished a tin of Meat Pie and have now opened a jar of Star of the East which has been 'cellared" for about 8 months. I was surprised at how similar the smell of these two are. But they smoke different.
What is your opinion and which do you like better??

Status
Not open for further replies.