PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Last night the stars aligned and a few boxes I had coming all showed up at once. It was like Christmas. After jarring a few up I ended up with table scraps that were a mixture of the solani, newminster, C n D bayou morning, and a small shop english blend. I threw half a coin of PS lux bullseye in there for shits and gigs. A once in a lifetime troll beast blend! I may fire it up this weekend, I'll be sure to videotape it for science.
haul-pic-600x450.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Well done, that is a very nice haul. I think I see a 100 gram tin of Solani 633? If so you need to jar it as it doesn't come vacuum sealed. I also see some Peterson Irish Flake, good choice but make sure you smoke it on a full stomach.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
cigrmaster, yes I noticed that about the Solani immediately. That was a surprise. Jarring them up was part of why I ended up with that table scraps freak bowl. Those are some long ass flakes.
I have heard that about both the Irish Flake and the Stirling. I learned my lesson on that one in my early cigar smoking days. Took an opus X on an empty stomach and I thought i was going to die. I always eat before smoking now, no matter what the blend/stick.

fusion

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2019
Great haul, i have a much smaller one on the way and im like a kid waiting for santa

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Very nice! You have a VaPer assortment of some of my favorites. Good job on grabbing the Dunbar. It's hard to find but hard to beat, IMO. Is that a Savinelli Spigot Stirling?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
alaska, most of my stash of the 633 is 50 gram tins, I hate having to jar stuff. The Wallace is supposed to be the Peterson University flake and the Sterling is the Irish Flake.
When I was visiting with Carlito Fuente in Feb 2000, he made me smoke a fresh Opus right off the rolling table. I didn't get sick but damn it was strong. Luckily I had eaten breakfast. Only thing as strong in my smoking history was a VSG Illusion yup, right off the rolling table. Carlito has a bit a devious streak.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
timt yes it is! SP has a wicked sale going on on the Sav Spigot Sterling Series right now, both bordeaux and natural. I couldn't resist. If you like Sav pipes or that series I would check it out, it's a pretty ridiculous discount compared to the prices for that series on other sites.
And agreed on the Dunbar. I got some bulk from a local shop, smoked one bowl, and immediately began furiously searching the deepest recesses of the interwebs for an 8oz bag that wouldn't prevent me from retiring. Took a while but I got a decent deal.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hahaha, cigrmaster............he "made" you? Something tells me he didn't have to twist your arm too hard.... :P
I hate jarring stuff too. Not so much the concept, just the extra chore (I am lazy). You would think they (or the retailer) would give you some indication of that on the product page, but whatever.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Dunbar is one of the few blends that I will go to the trouble to jar now (8oz bags). 633 would be also, if I didn't have enough already.
The Sav Spigot Sterlings are nice but I've got my eyeballs glued on another Sav that I'm trying to rationalize a purchase for. I'd say what it is but I don't want to draw any attention to it. Not that my tastes are anything special, but you know what I mean...

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
timt.....hahaha, totally know what you mean. That everpresent fear that someone else will scoop it up before you hit "submit order"

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
MAN-oh-man, THAT is a major haul!!
don't want to draw any attention to it. Not that my tastes are anything special, but you know what I mean...
Yup. Some rabid Sav fan (WE don't know ANYBODY who's like THAT, DO we?!?!) might slink in under your chair & snipe it right out from under you just to keep other people from having it! :twisted:
B

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hap....haha good eye! I threw in a Nording Compass. The price was right and I wanted a good clencher for my riding mower that wasn't a cob. Plus I just liked the cool Robot Popeye kind of look they have to them. Certainly not what usually comes to mind when I hear the name Nording (An entire tree stump with a stem like the other Nording in the photo)
didmauw.....I would go into explaining why so many....but I already spent last night attempting to justify it to my wife :roll:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah, 4 pipes...that's exactly what I said... :puffy: :nana:
Now YOU look like the crazy one hap!
And alaskanpiper, I understand completely!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Yup. Some rabid Sav fan (WE don't know ANYBODY who's like THAT, DO we?!?!) might slink in under your chair & snipe it right out from under you just to keep other people from having it! :twisted:

Bill, your post gave me the shivers, so I pulled the trigger. Now breathing a sigh of relief. I knew I could count on this forum to help me along. It's weird, sometimes I get hesitant and start doubting my need for another pipe or more tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.