PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I just got to taste Frog Morton for the first time. Not at all what I expected. I smoked it in a new estate bowl which makes me wonder if I was getting some ghosting because I tasted a really sweet, almost aromatic smoke in balance with the Latakia. Is this normal, or is it some ghosting from the bowl? I really like the way it tastes and smokes in this bowl though. I would put it in my top 5 blends as of now. If I had time I would try it in a different bowl to see for myself. Guess I will know soon, but still want your opinion!!!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Frog Morton does have some aromatic qualities even though it is not an aromatic. I personally love the stuff.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I tried FM On The Bayou about a week ago and liked it very much. I will be sampling the other FM's in the future and expect they will be among my top favourites.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to really enjoy the Frog series because it did have those sweet undertones working. Plus the fact that the stuff never bites. Definitely one of the blends that really got me to love pipe smoking.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
FMOTT is my "big jar" go-to tobacco. Smells to me like barbecue ribs.
Doesn't TASTE like ribs. But the smell is strongly reminiscent of that.
No question there is a sweetness underneath the Lat smoke flavor.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The Frogs are "crossover" English blends. There is some sort of sweet topping along with the latakia.
I am,I guess, in a minority because I don't care for the Frogs at all. I am generally not really that big a fan of crossover English blends anyway, and the topping on these guys simply does not work for me.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
It is by far one of my favirites. I'm almost out so I have been rationing it.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
If you like Frog Morton a lot try out Ruins of Isengard in the Midde Earth Series by Just For Him, it is a lot better in my opinion, it is a sort of English/Aro crossover blend as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.