PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Browsing the forum this morning, it dawned on me that this forum has much more of a family feeling to it than any others I've visited. We not only talk about our pipes and tobaccos, but we post pictures of our pets, our spouses, our homes, and share our feelings on just about anything.
I belong to other forums, and other pipe forums, but I keep coming back here because of this family feeling, the warmth and wisdom and willingness to share and support; the empathy: shared joy when a member scores a nice new pipe; sadness for others' troubles.
Apparently, some see this as a negative, sort of a "mutual admiration society," but for me, all of this is a positive experience - this is what families do- and I just wanted to express my appreciation to all of you for making it so.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Well said. It's the only forum of any type I have belonged to. I spend so much time here I don't have time for another.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I agree. I read this forum every morning with my morning pipe and tea.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
+1
Excellent way to put it 4dot. This just happens to be a great place to hangout, and a huge part of it is due to the welcoming nature of the forum. Most enthusiasts forums I've been on do not take kindly to newcomers or newbies. They have a certain arrogance to them. This place has none of that ego-driven crap.
"Lawrence! Kevin! Numbersix is pulling the cat's tail again!"
:rofl:
Tattle-tail!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
4Dot: You are so right in your assessment of this forum.
This is the only forum of any kind that I belong to. I come here every day, read the threads that I find interesting or where I can learn something new, which is each day with this group. It's like the Fort Knox of Pipes and Tobacco knowledge.
I might add that, like you, this does feel more like family, friends, neighbors, good folks. I especially enjoy the varied opinions, the different insights, the big and little purchases, the TADs and the PADS.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, which strike just the right note.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
"I gotta problem wit da guy who wants to bake cats in his Big Green Egg," said Boudreaux Soprano... :P
Yes, so far, it seems like a fun place and an extremely good source of good recommendations and how-to from the long-timers and others in general.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Must be family... where else could you get away with an entire thread dedicated to half baked limericks?
You guys and gals are aces.
-- Pat

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Well said. It is the little things in life that make me happy, and this forum is absolutely one of them.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I enjoy the drama it always makes me smile . Everyone here is wonderful and provokes thought that's what keeps me tuning in .

Status
Not open for further replies.