PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Several months ago there was a big discussion on Stonehaven. I asked if there was anyone willing to part with a couple of bowls so I could understand the mystery and the desire of this tobacco. Fast forward to today I got home this afternoon and found a small box in the mailbox. In it was a small amount of Stonehaven flake,a small amount of Cardiff along with a tin of Tom Eltang Virginia. To the forum member that sent this wonderful Tobacco thank you very much. These tobacco will be enjoyed.
John

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
What a great gesture. You'll have to keep us posted on your thought and experience with Stonehaven.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Whether they were Boy Scouts or not, pipes smokers seem to be the kind of guys to "do a good turn daily".

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
This is a very generous place. I have shared this good spirit with my brother-in-law and a very good friend, passing to them some of my TAD excesses, and will at some point do so here too. It is nice to be part of a friendly community.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
I know the feeling. I once exchanged a few emails with a pipe smoker in London (not in this forum, as far as I know) about Millville pipes and he offered to bring me a couple of estate ones he had and was willing to part with. When we finally met, I chose one and asked how much he wanted for it - and he told me it was mine, for free. I was surprised and didn't even find the words to thank him properly at first (still haven't, as a matter of fact).
I love how pipe smokers tend to be generous. I myself presented a coworker with one of my older (but barely used) pipes, when he showed interest. It's a great way to welcome people into a community.
Enjoy your Stonehaven! :)

wcasey

Lurker
May 12, 2015
Congrats! I am also coming to realize that pipe smokers are a generous and friendly people. This is a great forum indeed.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Doesn't surprise me at all. Just remember to one day pay it forward if/when the opportunity presents itself. As the saying goes, "Tis better to give than receive". I truly believe this and i think most in the pipe community do as well. It's a selfless and generous place to say the least.
I work for the military and live in a VERY military populated area. I have a deep and sincere respect and admiration for the armed forces and all that they do. One of my good buddies recently went on deployment (Coast Guard so not an extended trip) and had expressed interest in piping ocassionally when we would hang out. Before he left i put together a beginners pipe kit for him including two of my lesser smoked pipes, one of which i had only put maybe 4 bowls through. I also included all the basics like pipe nail folding pipe rest with case, pipe cleaners and a bunch of samples to try. He loved it and hopefully he'll continue to enjoy pipe smoking and pay it forward in the future.
Enjoy the Stoney!

whiterabbit

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
I do love these kind of stories, nice to a see a "brother of the leaf" be a friend. Ah! The elusive stonehaven! One day I'll get my hands on some to share as well haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.