PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
This will be the first year since I was old enough to hunt that I will not be participating in WI 9 day Gun Deer Season. My new career has me working 12 hour night shifts for the next couple weeks and the deer population on my property has declined severely in the past few years so I have decided to take a year off and look forward to next year. Gonna miss the venison in the freezer since I was unable to bowhunt due to a problematic wrist this past season also. I did have a good friend invite me to come visit him in Texas for a hog hunt early next year to fill up the freezer that I really hope I can take him up on.

Gonna have to fill the freezer with fish once the lakes start to freeze.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I cant imagine missing a season, those are things nightmares are made of. Sometimes things have to go that way though.
Nothing can take the place of deer hunting as my favorite , however hog hunting is close 2nd. I hope you get to go and I am confident you will love it. Best wishes man

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Sorry to hear that sir, If it wasn't for the Canada, US border prohibitions of sending meat I would be happy to send some your way to help with the freezer. Just think how much bigger they will be next year.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
The more and more I read about you all hunting makes me think one of these days I may have to try it. Maybe it's the beard asserting it's manliness over me or something. Just a warning to all, I do have sad office hands!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I haven't been deer huntin in 8 years or more, but I think it's about time I got back into it! I haven't bee duck huntin in a couple of years either come to think of it. Damn, I'm either getting lazy or just haven't made the time for it. Oh wait, I think I see my Manhood standing at the edge of the woods, laughing and pointing at me!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
05 that sucks sir. I do hope your work/life balance allows for you to get out soon. I only went out once so far this year (pheasant) but did pretty well. We got 15 total but I got the 6 on the wall in the pic below.
The total haul for the day:
219-600x450.jpg

My contribution:
222-600x450.jpg

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have essentially missed rifle season here in MO myself. A scheduling issue last week and poor weather are not helping. I may just wait for the second archery session, but I haven't had any time for practice. Definitely next year is all I can say. Happy hunting.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I feel your pain...kind of. Usually, I've hunted 20 times by now. This year, like you, due to my job I've only been out twice! Gun season opened here on Wednesday...we'll see. The wife keeps reminding me that the freezer is looking very bare!

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
You do get used to it. Remember all that work you're missing out on. It was 9 degrees opening morning and I couldn't have been happier than sitting in front of the fire with a big bowl. Maybe next year?

nyamuk

Lurker
Nov 28, 2013
Ever since I joined the military I've always been deployed over the deer hunting season. My best memories growing up were sitting in the woods with my dad talking about life and enjoying conversation. This year will be the first year in 4 that I will be able to go. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.