PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I began smoking a pipe several months ago. Then I found this forum (and a few other forums, but I much prefer this forum), and began to ask lots of questions. I purchased several estate pipes. But I also wanted to purchase some new pipes. So I asked for suggestions on pipes in the $100 or so range, and also for suggestions on tobaccos to try. I tend to like Virginias, though I must admit that Latakia is beginning to grow on me.
Last weekend my preferred vendor held a 10% off sale. I couldn't resist. Having recently sold off some gear from another hobby, I decided to make a significant purchase (by my standards) - so I selected three pipes and quite a bit of tobacco - all based on the advice I had received.
Below are the pipes and three of the tobaccos I purchased - though there are many more tobaccos to try. I'm enjoying them all immensely so far.
A Sav 626 Fuoco

A 320 Sistina

And I liked the looks of this BC Bulldog

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Well done all around. I really enjoy all of my Sav's and BC's. Orlik is a great flake and FM cellar is a wonderful smoke too. I've not had the Macbaren Mixture Flake yet. Enjoy your new stuff.

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
One thing that I am pleased with is that I'm not burning my tongue or the roof of my mouth anywhere near as much. As a new smoker I'm still smoking a bit fast, but I'm learning to smoke a bit cooler and slower.
The photos are just with an iPhone and an app.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I love you selection of pipes, tobacco and accessories. Well done all around!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You have some handsome briars there. I think these will give you a good take on the various

tobaccos you want to try. The pipes will likely be around for the rest of your life. Savenelli

does such great designs, and the BC is a classic too.

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
You have some handsome briars there. I think these will give you a good take on the various

tobaccos you want to try. The pipes will likely be around for the rest of your life. Savenelli

does such great designs, and the BC is a classic too.
The draft on the BC is a bit tighter than I'd prefer, but it does in its own way force me to smoke slower. The nicotine intake with the BC feels like it's quadruple to the Savs, as I smoke the Savs with the 6mm filters.

dirtydex

Might Stick Around
May 14, 2011
The tighter draft is one of the things I really like about the BC line. It is good for clenchers as you unconsciously slow down your puffing.
Great pipes and tobacco, by the way. OGS is an all time great tobacco.

andya27

Jun 15, 2014
The tighter draft is one of the things I really like about the BC line. It is good for clenchers as you unconsciously slow down your puffing.
That's exactly what my experience was today. I found a good clenching position and the pipe just pretty much stayed there for around 45 minutes.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Stunning pics, and excellent choices on the pipes and tobacco. I realy like that 320 Sistina. Again, outstanding photography. Puff on bro, looks like you got some excellent advice.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Beautiful photos. I recently purchased my first Sav and was torn between a BC and a Stanwell. Went with the Stanwell since P&C had a great sale. Hope they smoke as good as they look!

Status
Not open for further replies.