PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I'm sure by now all you of are tired of hearing how busy I am all the time. I work full-time and go to school full-time - I have just enough time in my days to study workout and stay healthy (Dr's orders I'm type 1 Diabetic) and a little time each night to smoke pipes.
Well, after a semester of hard work (and granted I know some of you probably bust your ass infinitely more than I do, but going back to school was a huge challenge for me on top of a high pressure sales job that takes a lot out of me) I finished the semester with straight A's (well, one A-) This is the first time in my life I have ever achieved this and it feels incredible to have all the late night study sessions, long hours at the office, and financial discipline pay off into something I can be proud of.
I come home this evening already content as can be, and see this laid out on my desk.
LR1TK.jpg

The Nightcap was from my Secret Santa. Thank you - whoever you are. It's delicious.
An Aldo Velani Ultima! She said "This is for all your hard work this semester"
Thank goodness I haven't checked my ebay account in a while, (as per her orders!) or I would have ruined the surprise. She practically stole the thing!
She helped me find the courage to go back to College, was there when I registered for classes again, made me countless cups of coffee in the morning and at night, and now this. Yup she's awesome.
A few weeks off, then it's back to the grind!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good on you, bud.
You've got a good woman acting as a cut man in your corner, a solid pipe, some excellent tobacco and the drive to nail down a coonskin.
Enjoy your break, kiddo. You've earned it.
Fnord

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Congratulations! It's very satisfying to accomplish what you have and to have someone right there with you makes it all the better.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Awesome! Keep up the great work, I don't know how you can do it all.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks guys. It's been a crazy past couple of months and I can't wait for the nesxt semester.
I'm very fortunate to have someone so supportive, and when she needs to, someone who kicks my ass into gear. I gota remember when I'm stressed to focus on positive things like this in times when I get down on myself.
Thanks again,

Austin

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Way to go on the grades with all the other distractions of life you have! Having a supportive spouse/spouse-to-be is a huge blessing to anyone; I could not have made it at times without mine, nor she without me. Enjoy your gifts, friend.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
A good wife is worth all the gold in Ft Knox, do they still have gold in Ft Knox? LOL, seriously you are very fortunate to have such a great partner, but give yourself some credit, you done good. The old cajun

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Old Cajun, you made me think of this It’s better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife. (Proverbs 21:19 NLT). And how true it is! LOL

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Good job on the college/work balance ! Looks like you did great :clap:
And what's more, your wife looks like a keeper ;-)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Good on you AustinX. I've got an Aldo Velani and I really enjoy it, the thing is light as a feather.
And good on your Secret Santa!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Greg I have a pair of Silver tipped cowboy boots that I don"t wear anymore, but used to say they were my ass kicking boots, when wife gets a little too much I tell her (Its time to put the silver tips on)she knows, but now I"m afraid as I get older she"ll put the boots on LOL. The old cajun

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your accomplishments in college and for receiving an excellent gift.
Having a great partner makes life very special.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
cajun, taught mine how to shoot, and bought her a shotgun, (she swiped one of my pistols)...
needless to say, i am carefull NOT to piss off the warden because i aint as fast as i used to be.
and a big well done to you austin, hard work does have its rewards.

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
Congrats austinxpipe on your grades and its great to have a woman like that aint it

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Right on bro! It helps to have a supportive woman. Enjoy your pipe and your time off and then back at 'er soldier. Never lay down, never give up and never lose sight of the goal. Keep swingin' brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.