PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
My lady friend and I were returning home yesterday from a road trip to Niagara Falls. We hit a few antique stores on the way back and she managed to nose these out for me;
A Longchamp cased set that has never been smoked, an old Ben Wade Danish Pride that needs some tlc but is in very nice shape and a C.P.F. stummel. The C.P.F. has also never seen tobacco or felt a flame.
P-20181230-071551-v-HDR-Auto.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What is it about upstate New York? The few antique stores where I've found pipes at all (and not the good ones) were in that area. That pipe set is incredible, looks brand new, not just unsmoked. Beautiful leather work. Those leather-wrapped pipes were a major fashion on the commuter platforms of the late fifties, except these are probably upscale from most of those. Locally, when I ask about tobacco pipes, the antique store staff looks at me cross-eyed as if I'd asked to buy a machine gun. I guess this was cigarette territory. No pipes in yard sales, flea markets, etc. I still look, but not often. High laurels for your wife's astute shopping.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I can't get behind those leather wrapped pipes, but that is just a personal preference. It is a very nice find to get a pair unsmoked and with the box.
That was on the US side of Niagara Falls in assuming, as on this side there is nothing in the way of pipes really.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think white leather on the pipe is a little like white shoes. Not something you'd grab to use everyday. But why resist? To smoke such a pipe, such pipes, on special occasions is a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.