PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thought I'd share a favorite dip that I usually break out November-January... Cranberries are wonderful this time of year. (Don't eat them raw... lol) It sounds a little weird and I was skeptical when I made it the first time, but it just works and it's super easy to take to parties. For even greater convenience it tasted great on artisan wheat cracker you can buy at the store; so you don't have to make or drag along the crostini. Hope you all like it.
•8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened

•4 Ounces Sharp White Cheddar, shredded

•1 Cup Fresh Cranberries

•1 French Baguette

•Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together 4 ounces of shredded white cheddar cheese and 8 ounces of softened cream cheese.
2. Fold in 1 cup of fresh cranberries and transfer the mixture to a ramekin.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. The cheese dip will be boiling and golden brown on top when it's done.
4. During that thirty minutes when cheese dip is cooking, you can prep the crostini. Cut the baguette into even slices and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Lightly coat them with olive oil. When the cheese dip is about done, 10 minutes left on your timer or so throw them in the oven too. Just be careful not to burn them.
6. Let them cool for a bit and enjoy. Tastes best warm and reheats well in an oven; I don't recommend a microwave.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
teufelhund:
Your recipe sounds good, and easy to make for those of us who are culinarily challenged.
Regarding cranberries, according to Paul Harvey they were so named because cranes were the only animal (bird or otherwise) who could eat and enjoy them raw.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Another favorite holiday dip:
th

Status
Not open for further replies.