PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
My brother is 18 years older than me and the only other pipe smoker in my family. He is responsible for me having this hobby.

We don't get to see each other very much, but we talk on the phone a bit. The conversation usually turns to pipe smoking and that we should get together for a smoke.

We finally had the opportunity to get together to go to a museum and spend some time together. When I got to his house there was a huge rain storm blowing and we decided to ride it out at his place.

We sat down and talked pipes and tobacco, smoked and watched some old movies and laughed and had a great time.

He has a lot of knowledge to share and showed me some of his collection and shared some 10 year old Dunhill 965.

He also gifted me a beautiful Stanwell pipe and a couple of jars of tobacco with some age on them.

A jar of Commonwealth from 08 and a jar of a blend called Count Pulaski from 09.

We both had a great time and made plans to make this a more regular thing. We never did make it to the museum so we have to get that done 8)

My brother is my hero and this was definitely my best day as a pipe smoker. Ever.
---> Jim
8987013091_9a183e746b_z.jpg

8987013219_724f402260_z.jpg

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Man, that is so awesome. Those times spent with family are to be cherished. Thanks for sharing.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
That's grand! Two brothers smoking their pipes together - what could be better? Think you've found pipe heaven, and I've had Count Pulaski - great smoke.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Always nice to read about family members spending quality time together. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
@rothnh I haven't opened either jar yet. From what my brother told me that sounds correct.

I might jar up half of each for future use and smoke half. I have a feeling it won't last long.
---> Jim

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
Wonderful story, glad you got to spend time together.
My brother, my son, and I got together last week for a day. Brother smoked his cigar, I smoked MacB BLB. Son cooked dinner, then we sat and told fishing stories, cause it was too windy to get on the water. I love those times.

flippinbird87

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2012
It's great that you got to spend some time with a loved one who also shares the same interest. Hope you and your brother can spend more time together in the future!

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Really well put Russ... He is the oldest I am the youngest and we have so much in common. We are both older and I think very similar, and can really appreciate each other. My dad is the last of his generation ( the greatest) and Ithink we are circling the wagons for our generation. The good times don't end they just change.
--->jim

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
"The good times don't end they just change."
Well said, Jim. I'll call my brother after I get home from mass today.
Thanks.
Fnord

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Wonderful story. I am glad you and your brother had some quality time together. I hope you two have many more pleasant smokes together and make it to the museum soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.