PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Has anyone else noticed that the restored video for The Beatles' "A Day In The Life" ends with a man lighting a pipe? :)
http://mashable.com/2015/10/27/beatles-music-video-1/#5xWBpAK29mqD

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
Ah, gotta love The Beatles. That's very cool that they're releasing all that extra content, I'm gonna need to keep my eye out for more about this!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Great video echie, its amazing how they knew how everyone would sound for the next fifty years and more...

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
macaroon: let me know if you find any other goodies :)
oldreddog: exactly! Or, rather: they didn't know it, they *created* it :) But, indeed, one of the reasons why I'm such a fan of the Beatles is that, *still* after all these years, everything I listen to them I discover (or rediscover) something new.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've never seen that video before, very cool and the pipe at the end a real bonus. Jagger, Richards and even Micheal Nesmith hanging out. Who was the blonde?

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
ssjones: I don't know, but they do seem to focus on her. My immediate thought was Cynthia Lennon, but she looks more like Jane Asher (though now I'm not sure if the timing fits).

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I regret that I never made a Beatles concert in my youth. My son is a huge Beatles fan and I find it interesting that the upcoming generation are fans of music from the 60's and 70's. My generation generally rejected our parents music as "square."
I've been to 4 McCartney concerts with my son, 2 in D.C. and most recently, one in Columbia, S.C. The most memorable was when my son and I traveled to Quebec for an outdoors show, to celebrate the city's 400th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.