PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I saw mention of this on a Dagner video recently and just now looked for it @ Danish Pipe Shop.

I'd say that Jayson is moving with a pretty well established pipe crew these days. This is a handy looking little pocket nose warmer they call the BallDog.

12430b.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
That's a great looking pipe and i hear Dagners are great smokers. I'm going to order one.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
That's a great looking pipe and i hear Dagners are great smokers. I'm going to order a black Hooligan Poker

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I confess to the guilty pleasure of having watched quite a few of the Dagner youtube videos. I've watched many a box opening and pipe presentation and I've seen the progression Jason has made toward his current status as a pipe and tobacco ambassador with celebrity and a great eye for style.

He has been fairly consistent in promoting the shorter pipe styles like a poker or anse and many of the pipes he's helped put into production share that trait.

I admit I was skeptical in the beginning about their new endeavor into pipe production, but this collaboration gets my attention big time.

Wild Hogs!

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
At less than 11cm I think I would burn my nose hairs as I light it. Nice looking pipe though.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Really cool looking pipe. I have a Dagner series 1 poker, smokes great! I'd like to get one of their Hooligan pipes as well.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Had a break in bowl last week in the one I bought at the West Coast Show.
The bit is really comfortable for a factory stem. The pipe is very well balanced. Great little clencher. The walls are fairly thick and the bowl stayed nice and lukewarm. The draw on it was just right for me, not too tight or too open. It passes a cleaner no problem. I love the blasting on it, shows off the grain nicely.
I'd definitely recommend getting one if you're thinking about it.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Honestly, I don'the care for him or his videos. Wouldn't buy anything that financially supported him.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Honestly, I wasn't a fan of Jayson's until I got to talk to him personally when we were launching his pipes on our site.
He is a really thoughtful guy, more than his videos often show. The pipes smoke great. And, he really cares about this industry's future. For those of us who judged him for being a little "uncouth" or aggressive upfront, I think Jayson and Dagner pipes are worth a second look.
If we're going to survive the ever-present tobacco-hating boogie men we need voices like his bringing new people into our world. Dagner Pipes democratize pipe smoking in a really exciting way. I, for one, can't wait to see what he gets up to in the new year.
I think of Jayson and his pipes versus some of the old guard like I think of Steinbeck or Hemmingway versus George R.R. Martin or Stephen King. In entirely distinct areas, all worthy of my time and respect, all masters at what they do.
Just my own two cents.

Hippies, hipsters, truck drivers, bikers, businessmen, classical pianists, jazz musicians, commies, fascists, football players, mathematicians... the coolest part of this hobby to me is the diversity of people who are all just as passionate about this hobby as the next guy on the list. When match gets pressed to leaf, all of that other made up crap that we use to separate ourselves from each other fades away. And, the only thing that matters is that we all have something in common to talk about, ...and that is our disgust with Lakeland blends. :puffy:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I could sit and talk with most anybody, but annoying behaviour for whatever they are trying to project, because they can't actually be like that in real life, is a deal breaker for me. I completely agree with you on the diversity part of this hobby/obsession, but I do enjoy some Lakelands, don't hold that against me though.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think the Dagners are great for the hobby. They're very accepting and supportive of anyone that's in the hobby or interested in it. They're very passionate about it and are very dedicated to the preservation of its history and continuation of it to the future.
A big reason I'm supportive of the Dagners is because they're so accepting of other people. They aren't too good for anyone. For them it's about the hobby, not whether a person is an Ivy League law school grad instead of "just a janitor". They realize that some people have to bust their ass to have very little and they're very respectful and acknowledging of those people's hard work. That's a huge reason why his pipes are priced the way they are, so the average working American can afford them and enjoy the hobby.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
They are accepting of all? Right. Except for his continuous remarks about Internet snobs. Real accepting.

Status
Not open for further replies.