PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
The following initially appeared in 1981, and for a few years received considerable air-play. Unfortunately it seems lately to have been lost to lesser seasonal entertainment.
When you have the full eight minutes and 39 seconds required to listen to it uninterrupted please do so, and then go and visit that special someone in your life who might be similarly afflicted. You will both be better for it.
Merry Christmas!
A Cup of Christmas Tea by Tom Hegg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Nice Hunter. I don't remember having seen this back then. My grandma had a big cone of brown sugar and she would always scrape off a little bit in our tea. I had really forgotten about that.
I have two aunts still living and although they don't live close by so I don't see them often, and they have families of their own to help them I would do anything in the world for them because they are the last direct living link to my dad & others I miss so much.
Time waits for no one.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
johnnyreb:
I am pleased that you enjoyed Mr. Hegg's poem. It hit home for me, reminding me of one of my late Father's female relatives who was stricken with Parkinson's disease, but who also was always positive and encouraging.
Keep your aunts close by telephone, and cherish them while you can.
My best wishes go to you and yours this season!

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks Hunter!
One of my aunts has a birthday on Christmas Eve. I usually call her in the late afternoon and some of my cousins are usually there, so I get to talk to some of them as well.
Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.