Apr 14, 2018
Ever have a crappy smoke?

If so, here is the pipe for you...
s-l1600.jpg

Don

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Got one of those off of eBay unsmoked a few years back. They smoke similar to a calabash. Eventually it fell victim to a culling, but was fun at the time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Competition in pipe sales gave rise to all kinds of innovations that haunt us still -- filters, stingers, systems, keystones, multiple chambers, etc. etc. A reminder of when tobacco pipes were a high volume consumer hot commodity stamped with patents and pitched in ads everywhere.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
The Falcon pipe from the UK is similar right? No filter on those but they have a little absorbent ring to retain the moisture and some have a stem that acts like a radiator.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Yes, one of the bazillion "system pipes" which sprang up following the two originals: Falcon and Kirsten. Kind of a neat idea, but it requires some compromises regarding the aesthetics! If I had access to one of these Brial pipes, I'd definitely smoke out of it once, just to see what it's like (I already smoke Kirstens and love them).

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I pulled that image from a Shiny Pipes listing on the Bay, it just made me chuckle when I saw it... it is still there if you want it! :)
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.