PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
The slimlines I gave them for Christmas, just made them want some nicer ones. So I made one with class and one Bad A$$.

There both made with Birdseye Maple.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Very nice and extremely stylish. Has anyone noticed it is practically impossible to get Waterman pens repaired here in the US? I dropped my one and it landed nib first and now it has been playing up for months.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Simon, here's a site for the Fountain Pen Hospital. I have a Pelikan that is in need of serious triage so I may send it to these folks.
http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiA_s2lBRCe1YPXxtSe-DcSJACCIh3Lh13TsD7Heifevft81h0H8qU5Jj_T7t_BM720nPwt9BoCEp3w_wcB

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Very nice..... using a fountain has become a lost art form. I hate writing with ballpoints and always have a Lamy close at hand.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thought about getting into pen making, but my wife would probably kill me if I adopted another expensive hobby! Gorgeous work on those intruments btw!

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments fellows. Here's a few others I've made.

The fist one is Black Walnut, and the other is Curly Maple.
The wood on this one, the guy called West Coast Briar. I can;t find anything on it.

These are both Birdseye Maple also.

These are Zibra Wood, it's really hard wood.

Curly Maple, Olive wood without the center band. My first Acrylic Skull pen. Black Walnut Bolt Action Tec pen, and Olive wood on a Bolt Action Deerhunter.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
As a wannabe penophile, BROTHER those are beautiful! As a much younger man, I would always have 2 pens in my pocket. A ball point, and a fountain. (Sigh) Days long gone. Used to fantasize about owning a Montblanc ...

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
My dad had a pipe lighter exactly like the one in the first pic. I think I may have it around here somewhere, I need to look for it.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
Yes sir, that is a Dr Grabow Golden Duke, with some beautiful grain. It's a great smoking pipe.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The wood on this one, the guy called West Coast Briar. I can;t find anything on it.
Tim,that may be Manzanita. It is a close relative of briar. During WW2 Grabow made a few pipes that were stamped "West Coast Briar". I have two of them and the wood looks like the Manzanita use by KBB during WW2 in their Monterrey "Mission Briar" pipes.

I gotta get some of that Zebra wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.