PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Hey there ... just wanted to share my January PAD / TAD. Two Hilson Vintage pipes, some H&H Virginia Spice,

C&D Haunted Bookshop and, not pictured, one Spectre cigar by AJ Fernandez which smells AMAZING.

P&C threw in a free calendar which is in the background.
p1010029-600x450.jpg

p1010031-600x450.jpg

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I especially love the one on the left. And "Haunted Bookshop" is a phenomenal tobacco. Well done, sir.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Awesome pipes and wonderful tobaccos. Picked up a Hilson Vintage Oil Cured bent Dublin myself late last year. Quick to break in and an amazing smoke. Gotta love that 30 year-old briar! Hope yours treat you well.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thank you gentlemen ... I've smoked the Volcano so far and it's a great smoker.
They came "pre-carbonized" by the way.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice Hilsons. Can you tell where they were made? I think some were made in Holland, others maybe in Belgium.

Yes, you won't find better aged briar anywhere.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I too have recently purchased a couple of Hilson pipes, the old Dromedary style. They needed total restoration, and are kind of odd looking due to the large "hump" carved into the shank, but I've found them to be great smokers. The odd shank configuration allows for more options on holding the pipe too. Mine were made in Holland, but I have no idea when they were made. Your pipes look great and I'll bet they'll smoke great too. Congrats!

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I have three Hilsons from the 1970s and they are really good pipes. These "vintage" are probably very similar briar wise. I think you made a very good purchase.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What is Haunted Bookshop like? What is in it?
Hey foggy, Haunted Bookshop is a strong Burley with a little Virginia (not much) and a good dose of Perique.

It demands to be smoked VERY slowly as it otherwise turns to a cigarette / ash flavor. It has a pretty hard Nic-kick as well! Mine came very dry and I'm considering adding a little more moisture before smoking it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.