New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: this may be full of triggers and graphic language.
So, I've been working extra hard this summer and have not had much time to post lately. Stacks of rocks that have to be moved, building walkways, flower beds for the wife in front of the house, retaining walls, this all on top of what I am usually doing. Mostly working in the rain, soaking wet or covered in mud. Then, on Monday, we had our pipe club meeting with Mr. Stokkebye of Lane Tobaccos. I did try to have a discussion, but I kept sneezing and my eyes kept watering and burning red.
I did learn a few things about Lane. They are essentially Peter Stokkebye. When I would ask him why Lane doesn't carry a strong blend, there was some sort of language barrier. He kept suggesting stronger flavored tobaccos, and that the aromatics sold in the US are not allowed because the chemicals used are deemed dangerous elsewhere. The rest of the guys seemed to pick up on this. He actually suggested that Lane sells the aromatics in the US only because we are dumb enough to let them get away with it. I didn't dwell here, as I don't smoke Lane blends. But, he never did seem to understand what I meant by higher nicotine blends.
I did end up getting a call that my oldest daughter had her Jeep die on her way to work, and sneezing and watering eyes, I had to leave the pipe club meetinggo out in the rain to get it towed to a garage. Tuesday, the garage was completely incompetent in determining what was wrong with the Jeep. Although, I could tell him with 100% certainty that it was the starter, they wanted to start ripping out and replacing the electrical system. Their quotes were going up by the half hour. $450, $500, $600, $650. I called them, and the guy came off right away like an asshole. They were obviously taking advantage of a young woman, so I told her to get the keys from them (they hadn't even started working on the thing) and roll it across the street. I drove out with my toolbox and a new starter, and just instructed my daughter on how to swap the starter out, while she did the work. It was raining, and my glands under my chin were starting to swell and hurt. She got the new starter in and it cranked right off. $135 for a new starter, screw Goodyear Automotive Repair. Besides, a woman should know how to replace a simple starter.

E4F349EF-B466-4F70-9591-A3E7B6253883_zpseok7eetg.jpg

Then, things started to get worse. I couldn't piss, my whole body hurt. I could barely swallow. So, Wednesday, I went to the doctor. He ran tests and had duplicates sent off to the lab, but the doc came back and wouldn't look me in the eye, while he told me that all tests came back negative for everything. He was suggesting that there was no evidence at all that anything was wrong with me. "Sure doc, I just faked this to get some medicine to make me piss." He went ahead and prescribed something that seems to only turn my piss black to deep brown. And, we will await the lab results, which will be in two days. So... I wait and drink gallons for water, pissing out Coca-Cola colored piss for two days. I just called them back a few minutes ago, because I hadn't heard from the other lab results yet. And, they acted like they had never heard of me. Ha ha. So, on Monday, I will make an appt see a urologist as that is my main concern, over all of the other aches and pains going on. So, till then, water water water and a break from my pipes, because my throats is killing me now. I may just have an aromatic disorder.
So, I googled tobacco water, and got this... I'll just leave this here...

9392744.jpg

This week has just been the weirdest week. At least it's not raining anymore, and I can just lay up in bed for a little while.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Hope you get better. And screw Goodyear. They crashed a neighbor kid's car in their parking lot while repairing it and wouldn't pay for the damage. Wisely or not, the kid put all of his money into the car and was an ice young man. I took his case pro bono and beat the crap out of them, but not before giving them tons of chances to just settle for the repair costs. They were jut jerks.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Kudos for teaching your daughter to change the starter. Good effing God but the automotive repair industry has become one massive repair ripoff! But, that said, I am sorry I missed the monthly meeting. I planned to be there but simply forgot about it. In any case, you have bigger fish to fry with getting better. Keep pounding the water, maybe add in a beer too. The diuretic effect is helpful. If not beer, a lot of black oolong. Feel better soon!

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Hope You find out what is wrong, and that the Doc's can take care of the problem. If your Pepsi colored piss ( I don't care for Coke) doesn't fizz when you take a leak, You might be ok. Wishing you the Best!!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Holy cow, man! Performing duties beyond the sickbay! Way to go.
With my cars over the last few years, I can't even get TO the starter, much less swap it out...
Hope you are really on the mend and that your discharge soon resembles pure spring water.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Get well, Brother. Great example of gentlemanly restraint. I think a couple of people would be missing some teeth, if it had been me.
Tim

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I hope you are feeling better soon, and I hope I can do as well with my girls.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Michael ... that makes my week smell like roses! :)
PS Cube Cut with some added blending perique is a pretty good smoke.
PM sent with "lab questions". :wink:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Mike you're a good Father and Man. Taught my girl like you did, payed off when her husband stripped his shotgun down and couldn't put it back together, Daughter came home from work and like a good Cajun Girl put it together . I hope you find what the problem is, or you might have to find a job filling Root Beer bottles. Seriously I really hope you find relief,

Yep, she can take apart and clean my rifle and shotgun, as well as string my bow. She's even brought down a few deer on her own. She can also replace hydraulic hoses on the tractor, as well as help me run a 30 foot tall irrigation system. My youngest isn't like her. She is headed to cosmotology school, but I've made sure both can handle a firearm, even of cleaning a rabbit or chicken makes her run to her room crying. Ha ha. But, she knows that hunting and harvesting livestock is just a necessity of life.
I got all teary the other day, when my youngest told me that she wanted to find a guy who can keep a farm going like me. Made me proud as a peacock. My oldest doesn't need a guy. I think she'll have her own farm one day, probably larger than mine.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Wow, what week! I hope that you're feeling better soon and your cola soon gives way to lemonade. At least there's a bright side to all of this. Your daughter can now replace a starter, knows that she can help herself if necessary, and has a cool Dad to thank for helping her.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I hope my daughter is like yours someday. I'm humbled that you are having a week like that and still found time to post here. Hope everything goes well. You made my time I spent wining at the dentist seem like nothing...thanks...haha.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
You are a good man Cosmic. Confidence and a can-do attitude are priceless gifts to give your children. I hope the docs do a better job on you than Goodyear did on the Jeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.