PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Carter Hall is great in a cob, but not my go to smoke. With 2 ounces of C&D Granulated Perique, I've been experimenting. Carter Hall may have found itself a regular place in my rotation. I added two pinches of perique to a bowl of CH in a cob and was blown away. The Charter Hall provides a nice base for the perique. This homemade concoction delivers flavors of sweet figs and dark fruits with a pinch of white pepper. The CH flavors that you know change from their mild Cocoa and nuts, to a medium-strong perique burley. I cannot recommend this enough if you happen to have both tobaccos on hand.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Yep ... tried this also (with P&C's blending Perique) and agree that it's mighty tasty! :puffy:

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Hmmm ... I just happen to have some CH and some blending Perique laying around ...
I'm gonna give this a try over the long Christmas weekend. :)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I guess it would be a burper,didimauw. Kind of like Old Joe Krantz lite. I can only imagine the flavor profile would change if the CH and Perique were left for a month to marry. I like the fresh perique taste. Very fruity.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a good bargain. Perhaps if Chatham Manor, the PC tub tobacco match to Carter Hall, were used, it would bring the price down another $3-$4 on the base blend. Do you grind up the Perique or just rub it out, or use it from the tin? Seems like it might need some reduction in size to mix evenly with the loose tobacco.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
mso489, I bought the Cornell and Diehl Granulated Perique. You can buy it by the oz. on Smokingpipes.com. They offer the ribbon cut, but I went with the granulated. The granulated perique was sold as easier to mix. It's looks like it was cubed and broken. It's a very soft leaf.
Try it with Carter Hall or whatever burley blend you got, that doesn't have perique. It's good in Briar Fox too. It just blew me away with Carter Hall. You can sprinkle it on top of the tobacco(like pepper), that's how easy it is to use. Also top it with rum and smoke it straight in a cob. Then you will become a member of the Rumper club :wink:

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I guess I need to pick up some blending perique because I enjoy Carter Hall in a cob and sprinkling some perique on top just sounds good.

Mar 1, 2014
I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried that.

I used the C&D granulated Perique too. I think it's nearly my favorite blend, great flavour and it burns exceptionally well, pretty much everything you could ask for.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Well I'm smoking my 2nd bowl of this concoction right now. I have to say this is a pretty darned good smoke. My blending perique is ribbon but, not granulated. I don't know what brand it is, but my nearest B&M sells it in bulk, which is where I got it.
This may find a home in the rotating as a mellow but tasty "change or scenery" smoke.
Now ... I just need to pick up some rum and try this RumPer perdurabo is always on about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.